Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Posting Pictures on Registry Sets

I love to look at pictures of cards. I've noticed that only a small percentage of Registry participants have pictures of their cards posted. Is there any particular reason people don't show their cards?
30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me

Comments

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I would say the main reason is: It is time consuming..

Over the last few weeks I scaned in over 400 pics into my 1972 Topps set.

It took me 16 hours.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    It is time comsuming. Sometimes it takes me awhile since I use a scanner at work. That means that I have to take the cards in there to do it. I have been looking at buying a new scanner for at home. My old one is not XP certified and my old windows computer isnt working well.

Others dont have scanners.

Some like the ones that hide their sets are paranoid.

But mainly its the time thing.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Speaking of pix, I would most appreciate someone posting scans of the Backs of three cards from the 1968 Topps Test Teams Football Set -- Bears, Cowboys & Giants -- so as to identify the pictured players. Thanks.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    It is time consuming. After I scan a card I have to open up another program, shrink the picture and resave it so that it will be a small enough file for PSA to accept it. I pretty much only bother doing this with my 10s and I try to do it as soon as I open the mail so I don't have to spend a huge chunk of time doing it. I think I'd continue posting my pictures even if no one else could see them. Sometimes I'll get on the computer during my lunch break and just enjoy looking at my own cards.

I do appreciate it when others post pictures of their cards too. It helps me decide whether or not I like a set enough to start collecting it. Posted pictures can also help identify rare or odd-balls cards you're unfamiliar with especially in master player sets.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It is time consuming. After I scan a card I have to open up another program, shrink the picture and resave it so that it will be a small enough file for PSA to accept it.

>>

I have a cheap scanner, but even mine is able to scan the card to the proper size for PSA standards....................admitidly it took me awhile to figure out how to do it...................

...just a thought.......image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

>>

I have a cheap scanner, but even mine is able to scan the card to the proper size for PSA standards....................admitidly it took me awhile to figure out how to do it...................

...just a thought.......image >>

Yeah, I should probably spend some time working with my scanner to figure out to save files to the appropriate size, but my previous efforts have ended with me holding the scanner over my head and wondering if it would be worth it to hurt my leg by trying to bust the thing in half. $10 co-pay, $3.50 in gas, taking a couple hours off work . . . explaining to my wife why I'm crying. image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    way too slow. I used imageevent.com and put all my scans there- I can bulk ftp all of them at once and the files can go in at any size- typically I shoot them as 20mb tifs (I do copy shots, not scans. Better quality, and I can shoot 400-500 in an hour) and they create jpg thumbnails, larger scans, and keep the hi res tifs.
    Plus it's easier to see them all at once, instead of one at a time in a pop up window.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's