Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Coins in an old movie - The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941)

Coins in an old movie - The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941)

Thanks to DVD technology, it is now possible to "freeze" frames on an old movie.

These two pictures are from the 1941 RKO film "The Devil and Daniel Webster", also known as "All That Money can Buy".

The story starts in 1830 when poor Jabez Stone (James Craig) sells his soul to the Devil (Walter Huston) for riches.

At the beginning of the film Jabez says "I'd sell my soul to the Devil for two cents" and finds two coins in his hand which look like US large cents.

(Images moved to website)
https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies
Coins on Television

Comments

• Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    We're Sorry! We can't locate the page you requested.

Time for an exorcism, I suppose!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    No. It means that you are using a backslash "" as part of your image filenames, which is an illegal character. It is being encoded to "%5C" but that still prevents most Windows users from accessing the image. I tried both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and cannot access your pictures.

Let me guess: you're using a Mac?
  • Options

<< <i>I tried both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and cannot access your pictures. >>

Me too - in multiple threads in multiple forums.image
    Roy

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replaced the backslashes with forward slashes.
    Please try it now.

I also "fixed"
    Treasure of the Sierra Madre
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

<< <i>I replaced the backslashes with forward slashes.
    I also "fixed"
    Treasure of the Sierra Madre >>

Thank you kind sir. All is now well in watch the DVD-land. image
    Roy