Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Question

Guys I again posted on the Q&A forum about the and/or registry Question all of us have been talking about.

<< <i>Why can't someone answer the question for all the collectors asking about the future of the Satin Finish/or/Business Strike but not both, registry question? >>

Dan

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Dan60, but I bet ya don't get an answer! Sorry to be so pessimistic, but that is the way it'll be.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    Where should the satin finish coins be?

In with the proofs and other sms dimes?
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I for one would love to see a place for both. But one thing for sure, we want the circulation strikes back where they belong, in the circulation strike sets.
    "SMS"/"SATIN FINISH"---does that give us a clue as to this being a circulation strike coin or not?
    Dan
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I've said it before and I will say it again the standard registry set should allow listing of either BS or SF strike and variety sets should be started that required both the BS and SF strike coins for 100% completion. Why don't you start a poll and next time you ask this on the Q&A forum link to the poll.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stooge did the Poll some time back and the majority of collectors want the Satins with the other SMS under varieties and Business strikes only under circ sets. PCGS has refused ANY comment on the subject be it verbal, written or on the forum. I think they are embarrassed for jumping the gun on it too quickly when the first satins came out. A marketing idea that backfired. Considering the price of most Business strikes, because few are graded, it would be to there advantage financially to separate the coins so that the business strike submissions would come rolling in. If I see Mr. Hall and Company at FUN, I will corner him and hold him hostage until I get definite answer. We are all tired of this BS and thus a small number of us have protested by saying to heck with the points, we will put the coins where they belong I for one was hoping they would have done this already with V2, But we were disappointed AGAIN.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    WaterSport we are eye to eye in our thinking with regards to the placement of the BS/SF coins, as most other collectors are.
    Garsmith I don't condem your thinking on the subject, but I don't understand it either. You called the circulation strike set "The Standard Set". To quote from Webster's dictionary, "Standard .. without extra or unusual features". That would seem to rule out Satin Finish as a standard uncirculated coin. We all know it's not proof, so that leaves it few options except as a variety coin. SF's are not delivered in mint sets, bags, or rolls to the federal Reserve for distribution as commerce/business strike coins. PCGS itself has given them a different coin number when gradeing them. So why now, 39 years after the clad business strikes came into being, should a specially minted coin be allowed to suffocate the very coins we started out collecting.
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stooge did the Poll some time back and the majority of collectors want the Satins with the other SMS under varieties and Business strikes only under circ sets.

WS >>

Here is the poll in case some of you missed it: Linky to poll!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Seems no questions were answered for this past Tuesday. image
    Dan
  • Options
    looks like dan50 gets no respect. image
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭