Home Metal Detecting
Options

Not quite done yet!

Last weekend was a real mess. We got hammered with early storm. No chance for digging.

The weather is much kinder this weekend and perfect for some late season hunts. I went out for about 3 hours today and again, the place was productive. I found a good spot and pounded it hard. The total count includes 12 early Wheaties (1910's and 1920's) one 1898 IHC, one 1927 Buff (the second 1927 found this year), one pretty worn 1900 Barber dime, and one 1918-D Merc.

Thanks for checking!

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Nice finds, looks like a great spot to hunt some more!
  • Options
    Nice finds....That Merc looks especially nice..
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses guys.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrr!

I ran around in a T-shirt outside today. Nyah nyah. image

(I did have to put a sweatshirt on after the sun went down, though.)

Congrats on diggin' such a nice haul. Hopefully the weather will give you some opportunities to continue hunting throughout the winter. Or does your ground just freeze solid after a certain point? I remember getting a nice signal one winter, at a particular site I was hunting in the NC mountains, and I couldn't dig it because the ground was frozen red clay. I had to go back in the spring to recover the target. It turned out to be a 1900 Barber dime.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    It's currently in the 30's and sometimes 20's and it's just a matter of time before the ground is covered with snow. There won't be much digging left. I'm kind of panicking because finding a good spot around here is like "treasure" and it's so close to winter time. All you can do is helplessly watch the ground fill with white snow.

Wisconsin winter is beyond description. You can forget about digging.