Home Sports Talk
Options

The Flaming Flamer is back and won't shut her yap

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone image

Reading this forum has been extremely enjoyable this past week. While there have been numerous disagreements and playground trash talk, there hasn't been any flaming. From lively debates to sharing personal stories , everyone has shown respect to their fellow posters and it's been fun.

Cheers image
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I wonder why?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just wanted to say thank you to everyone image

Reading this forum has been extremely enjoyable this past week. While there have been numerous disagreements and playground trash talk, there hasn't been any flaming. From lively debates to sharing personal stories , everyone has shown respect to their fellow posters and it's been fun.

Cheers image >>

Agreed. I won't mention his name, but maybe Axtell can learn from this. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just wanted to say thank you to everyone image

Cheers image >>

Agreed. I won't mention his name, but maybe Axtell can learn from this. image >>

hahahahhaahah....foolish man.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    A pretty funny sidenote to this...I've checked the forums in this past week, and you know who's been quiet as well, leading to the lack of antagonism on these boards?

WP, grote, and stown have ALL been absent while I've been gone, which begs the question: will they stay gone and allow this board to continue in peace?

I didn't think so either.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been gone, I just don't feel the need the post a hundred times a day like you because you have no life. It's absolutely comical how many posts you've responded to within 5 minutes of your "reinstatement". Like a junkie in a pharmacy. That said, everyone here agreed that these boards were much more enjoyable and less annoying while you were gone. Clown.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't been gone, I just don't feel the need the post a hundred times a day like you because you have no life. It's absolutely comical how many posts you've responded to within 5 minutes of your "reinstatement". Like a junkie in a pharmacy. That said, everyone here agreed that these boards were much more enjoyable and less annoying while you were gone. Clown. >>

Wow, right on cue.
  • Options
    I was here all week as well. I specifically did not post to the Axtell threads as i did not want to start. I see that the moment your self imposed ban was up you had to just try to provoke a flame. Great job! You again prove to everyone that you just have to start. I'll pass.

WP, grote, and stown have ALL been absent while I've been gone, which begs the question: will they stay gone and allow this board to continue in peace?

The real question should be should you stay gone? The people you mentioned were here all week, posting and having fun w/o flaming. perhaps it is you? Perhaps you are the virus that wreaks and fouls the site?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Other than being away for a day, I posted about my average of +/- 4 posts a day.

Typical spinning as usual but everyone who participated last week know the truth image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Hilarity ensues when the three biggest perps in causing these flame wars to erupt all stick their noses in and try to defend themselves.

stown, you had 4 posts a day? BS.

WP, grote, you too. Why don't you 3 disappear and never come back? Then the board would have everlasting peace without you 3 around.
  • Options

<< <i>Hilarity ensues when the three biggest perps in causing these flame wars to erupt all stick their noses in and try to defend themselves. >>

Oh the irony image
  • Options
    Do you see what I mean?

You could easily just let this slide...and be quiet...but no, you've got to keep on going.

And you call me inflammatory?

• Options
  • Options
    And the comedy continues.

• Options
    Is it too much to ask for you guys to bury the hatchet here? You are all intelligent guys. I read and enjoy your posts when you are not insulting each other.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it too much to ask for you guys to bury the hatchet here? You are all intelligent guys. I read and enjoy your posts when you are not insulting each other. >>

I have...this clown (stown) continues to needle and then cry 'who me?' just look at the LT thread where he tries to get a jab in about my comments about Bush.

• Options
    Axtell, if you have, then please shut your mouth in regards to me. I said not one word about you while you were gone, yet last night you just had to throw barbs my way. Grow the hell up.

I see you were forced to change that stupid sigline you had last nite. You get hand slapped?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    No, I chose to change it.

And you did indeed mention me while I was gone, in the thread about the japanese pitcher.

Feel free to NOT respond to this post.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ax
    I notice that Grote, WP, and Stown either dont have or have removed the personal attack from their sig lines. How about a show of being serious to quit the BS by removing yours.

I think that would be a good start if we all want this BS to stop.
  • Options
    I'll post whenever I feel like it. And YES you were forced to remove it.

And fwiw i did not say anything derogatory in reference to you. Now do everyone a favor and grow up and let this crap go.

It is already very tiresome.

Feel free to reply i know you have no self control and will.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Barry

We all want the BS to stop. The problem is he doesn't. he has to make up for all the lost time he had.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it too much to ask for you guys to bury the hatchet here? You are all intelligent guys. I read and enjoy your posts when you are not insulting each other. >>

I have...this clown (stown) continues to needle and then cry 'who me?' just look at the LT thread where he tries to get a jab in about my comments about Bush. >>

But it's okay for you to post non-stop how terrible the Texans are (even created a thread how great yesterday was with a Texans loss). Toss in a jab saying no one can compete with the Cards for the NL Central, which OBVIOUSLY was a failed and lame attempt to start yet another flame war with me.

And who resurrected this thread, long after it was forgotten, to throw in a few jabs and attempt to get in the last word?

You are such a hypocrite.

Go ahead and get in your last words, again. The title says it all...
  • Options
    wp-

no one forced me to remove it..look! it's back.

stown-

I didn't single out the texans, I posted all the games' outcomes came out the way I wanted. Quite different than taking jabs at other's predictions.

finally-

isn't it funny that while I was gone, stown, wp, and grote were nearly invisible and this forum was peaceful...now I am back and they wet their panties in anticipation of arguing? Hell, LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

Comedy at its finest...clowns whining about the forum having flame wars, yet those whining are the ones MOST RESPONSIBLE.

Laughs are never in short supply around here!
  • Options
    Axtell besides you do you really think anyone else believes that?

So basically we all jumped you the moment you came back last nite? is that what you are saying?

You have serious mental problems dude.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Ax, you really cant be bashing these guys when you are the only one that has a personal attack in your sig line. You will never be taken seriously unless you take that step to show that you also want this forum to be enjoyable and not a grade school playground.

I dont know, maybe you get your rocks off by this type of soap opera. If that is the case then this BS will never end.
  • Options
    ...some things will never change.

My last post in this thread. Have fun with it fellas.
  • Options
    Good move Ax by removing the sig line...seriously.

There is no doubt there will be some war of words every now and then because that's the way message boards are and thats ok within reason.

Happy posting everyone!
  • Options

<< <i>Axtell besides you do you really think anyone else believes that?

So basically we all jumped you the moment you came back last nite? is that what you are saying?

You have serious mental problems dude.

Steve >>

Let's see, two posts in my Texans thread about how terrible they are and creating one rejocing a loss, resurrecting this thread after it had dropped to the bottom, and taking a stab at the 'Stros, unprovoked mind you, without ANY reason other than to start a flame war.

And to top it off, you put that crap in your sig line the minute you come back.

Yet we are to blame.

:sighs:

Whatever you say.