Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Modern Gold Commemorative Set: Hold or Sell????

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

With the HUGE price gains some of The Modern Gold Commemoratives have made in the last year or so I am considering selling my set. It is currently ranked #11 overall with (8) PCGS MS70 coins and the balance being PCGS MS69.

GDH Modern Gold Commemorative Coin Set

I would welcome opinions from Board Members,,,,,, HOLD or SELL and your reason behind your answer. If I sell now I can make about 2 times what I have in the set? Don't need to sell but I hate to turn down a profit image

I know there are several LOW MINTAGE Coins in this set and with the STUPID MONEY being paid for the REVERSE PROOF Gold some of the Commemoratives have similiar low mintage numbers. Do you think they will go sky high also???

Thanks, GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    If I sell now I can make about 2 times what I have in the set?

Bulls make money, bears make money, hogs get slaughtered.
  • Options

<< <i>

Do you think they will go sky high also???

>>

I would say not as high. It is supply and demand and the 20th anniversary eagles are part of one of the most collected series. The Silver/gold/plat eagles are more collected than the gold commems. So I don't see these getting as high. But who knows.

As far as what I would do...well I have a really hard time selling anything lol! So I would make a bad coin dealer. I love to hang on to it all. As long as the mint keeps the series alive, people will continue to collect and people will need to go back and fill in years they don't have. So the prices will probably continue to increase even with as high as they are.

Nice set btw!