Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I just won a PSA 7 1956 Topps Koufax and Mays for my set

Hi Guys, I just won two more PSA 7 1956 Topps cards for my set. They are the #79 Sandy Koufax and #130 Willie Mays. I went to the wall on these two cards because of how nice they are. I've been looking for these two cards in this condition for over two years. Who would have thought that I would win both of them on the same night and from the same person. No rough cut or chipped edges and no wax or gum stains. Just take a look at the centering. I now only need two more upgrades from PSA 6s to have every card a PSA 7 or higher. The last two are the Checklist 2/4 and the Mantle. Perhaps someone out there has one of these for sale. Let me know if you do. Here is a complete list of all of the (11) PSA 7 cards that I either need to upgrade the grade or upgrade the quality within the same grade. PM or email me at nbdowney@msn.com if you have any of these for sale. Thanks, Neil

">PSA 7 Sandy Koufax
PSA 7 Willie Mays

Player's Name Card - Need - Have for Sale or Trade
Warren Giles 002 - PSA 7 White Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Ted Williams 005 - PSA 7 White Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Roberto Clemente 033 - PSA 7 White Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Eddie Mathews  107 - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Ray Narleski 133 - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Mickey Mantle 135 - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 6 Gray Back
Dave Pope 154 - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Hershell Freeman  242 - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Tom Gorman 246 - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
George Zuverink 276 - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 7 Gray Back
Checklist 2/4 ----- - PSA 7 Gray Back - PSA 6 Gray Back

Comments

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickups. The characteristics you are looking for are obviously pretty popular.
  • Options
    Most collectors might not realize how tough it is to get high grade 1956 Topps PSA 7s. Most 1956 Topps cards in PSA 7 are not that scarce but ones that have no stains or edge problems are very hard to find. Then you have to find ones that are well centered and have good focus. All PSA graded 1956 Topps sets are not the same. PSA graders seem to allow rough cut edges, chipped edges, wax and gum stains without any qualifiers. Therefore, a 1956 Topps collector has to try extra hard and ask a lot of questions to get cards that have the least amount of problems such as these mentioned above. I have bought over 1,000 PSA 7 cards just to get to the 337 that I have in my set (I have 3 PSA 8s and 2 PSA 6s to make up the 342 card set). Even with buying over 1,000 PSA 7 cards, I still believe I need to upgrade 9 of them within the same grade. Neil