Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got rid of my good one, time to get a decent one....

...I've read in this forum that people have had luck with the Ace 250.... would you suggest I get one after getting used to the tesoro tejon? I cannot afford another tejon yet, but I've got the itch to dig if ya know what I mean. Please be honest and let me know what you think about this particular detector. Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I cannot afford another tejon yet >>

You never know. I just got a decent used one, and if you have coins or other stuff to trade... well... image

The Ace250 is probably the best entry-level detector on the market, I would think.

I have FOUR metal detectors now and really only want two.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I do not really possess many good coins unfortunately. If you were to sell it for cash, how much would you want for it? I do have a 1959 Topps Hank Aaron all star card that is in great shape from back when I collected cards.... Other than that I just have a few misc. silver coins that I found with my Tejon. I *DO* have the one with the face punched out 3d as well... let me know what you think..
  • Options
    Oh yeah I also have a civil war store token... G. Parson's fireworks, 24 John St., NY ... the front has an eagle and 1863 on it. Just thought I would add another tradebait.... as well as some cash too if necessary. About the ace 250.... does it go fairly deep? I live in heavily mineralized soil conditions (Northern tennessee red clay)... does it have an auto ground balance?

thanks,
    Ryan
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 250 has auto ground balance, and should work for you up there.

As to trading on the Tejon, I will think on it. I paid $400 for it, to a friend who was hard up for cash. However, I also got some books out of the deal.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I'm sorry I think you took my message the wrong way. I had to sell my tejon about a month ago due to financial situations and now am seeking a lesser model detector. I think I said that (coin wise) was a handful of silver coins I found with the tejon. I am interested in the ace 250.... if any of the items I listed spark your interest (plus some $ perhaps), let me know... btw... my email is:

ryandistelrath@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Ryan
  • Options
    OK it is time for me to don my dunce cap....

I thought you were inferring that you had an extra ace 250 that you wanted to trade..... I didn't read your post carefully enough. Sorry about that. So how are you enjoying that tejon? I learned every bell and whistle on it and loved it. I wish I didn't have to get rid of it. I guess I could save up for a bit longer and get another one, but winter is coming very soon and wanted to get out there digging before the ground freezes. So are you looking to get rid of any of your mid-range detectors? Man I feel stupid!

Ryan
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I've been around the boards for a few years now and hear very good things about the 250(I have an older 300) but I fear that you might be disappointed with it because I also hear that nothing gets better depth than a Tejon in the hands of someone that knows how to use it.(I also have a DeLeon). If you really want a new low cost detector the 250 is the way to go. As I said I hear good thing about it and when your ready to move up you shouldn't have a problem selling the 250 off.