Home Metal Detecting
Options

Dug 1765 French Silver Dollar

1765 French Silver Dollar found after a friend cleaned up there. I love when someone says they cleaned up a place, I know where my next place to detect is.
imageimage
I think I'm getting the hang of this....

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That worked. You obviously have the attachment part down.

Now, to get it into your thread, you just put image tags in front and behind it, like so:

I showed the image tags in black. The part I showed in red is where the URL (web address) of your image will go.

First, we click on your attachment. Holding the cursor over the picture, we right click and scroll down to "Properties". Click on that. That will tell the URL of the picture. (Or get it from the address bar when the picture opens in a new window).

Copy the URL and put it into your post, with the image tags before and after.

You can type the image tags or you can use the little "image" icon on the toolbar you see when in message post mode: image

Nice colonial buckle. A shoe buckle, I presume? I like brass artifacts with that kind of patina. I'll bet there were King George coppers and musketballs in the dirt that came out of.

(Edit: you must've deleted the picture.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks alot, I realize I have to have the pictures somewhere on the web to start, so I went to my website and grabbed the first picture. Check out.... Steve's Small Engine Repair Service Text

When I dug that buckle I think somebody beat us to the site, an old house but not a whole lot of targets. That's the way it usually is, all these colonial and federal style homes and not much to dig. Once in a while you pick up a real nice piece. Talk to you later image
  • Options
    Ecu. That's a French Ecu.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    What is an ECU?
  • Options
    What is an ecu?
  • Options
    An "ecu" was a large French silver coin issued under the Bourbon monarchy, like the Louis XV coin seen above.

In an alternate, much later definition, "ECU" is also the abbreviation for "European Currency Unit", which I believe was the predecessor to the Euro.