Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Intro

Thought I'd introduce myself to the board. I'm Jamie and I've had a love for collecting coins (& stamps) since I was a kid. My step-dad's father was a casual collector and try as he might, he never got my step-dad overly hooked. But, after he passed away, my step-dad and I came across his coin collection and we started "casually" collecting together. I enjoyed it much more than my dad. Alas, I didn't keep up with it over the years until the Statehood quarter program started up. That piqued my interest and I "casually" began collecting coins again. To date, I've got several complete sets of Statehood quarters (none of them graded, but all still in their mint packaging) along with a few "other" iterations of the Statehood quarters, i.e. "Gold and Silver highlighted" quarters as sold by Postal Commemorative Society. They look pretty cool and I enjoy it. Otherwise, I've really become enamored with the Silver Eagles. I've got 4 more PR70's to locate to complete my Registry Set and then I'll be done for a while. I may move on to Gold and/or Platinum Eagles after that. I don't know. I really do like the "Eagles" and I'm also partial to Morgans, but it was those darn pennies that got me started. Oh the choices!!!!!!! Whatever I decide, I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun finding and buillding something to be proud of. And, of course, making some new friends along the way.

Jamie

Oh, my Registry Set is "Zach's Fifth Ave. Collection"

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Welcome to the boards Jamie
  • Options
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the story. I like the design of the Eagles myself. imageimage
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Welcome,

Just curious why you're listed as joining in Sept. 2004? image

• Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭

• Options

<< <i>Welcome,

Just curious why you're listed as joining in Sept. 2004? image >>

That's when I first created this account and actually started building my Silver Eagle collection. I didn't do the "Registry" thing until recently, nor did I decide to get overly active in coin collecting again. I was just more "casual" about the hobby back then.

Edit: And, I had a question about a New Jersey Statehood quarter I received from the Mint. The reverse side of the coin appears that it did not get completely stamped. Part of the image is just missing and I was wondering about how that happened. So, I created this account and asked the question.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Well the first time I said this I got slapped but here goes anyway.........................Nice Set!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Thanks!