Home Metal Detecting

OLD PARK FINDS

A woman called me, two years ago, and asked me if I would come over to her, deceased, Mother's home to locate the property stakes as she was selling the house for the estate. I knew that the house sat in a subdivision of, only, four homes that were built in, what used to be, a very old park with a pavillion. She stated that the Pavillion sat in her Mother's yard and the yard of the neighbor's home. I said "yes" and asked if I could walk around with my metal detector. She said "sure" and it didn't take me long to get there. I located stakes and proceeded to scan the property with my detector. In two days, I dug up 14 INDIAN HEAD CENTS, ranging from 1864 to 1907, 2 TWO CENT PIECES, 1865 & 1868, one 1901 BARBER QUARTER, one1875 SEATED LIBERTY QUARTER, five SEATED LIBERTY DIMES, ranging from 1876 to 1878, and eighteen WHEAT CENTS, ranging from 1910 to 1946. By the way, in ONE HOLE, I dug out the TWO CENT PIECES(back to back), and three of the Indian Head cents. I thought that I was in Metal Detecting Heaven.

Comments