Home Metal Detecting

Turf hunting...

I haven't had time to hunt when I would like to the most (night hunting), so I've been getting out during my lunch breaks when I can. I'll hit a few different schools and parks near my office and last week I found a ring that was several inches deep in the turf... may have been there for a few decades I'm guessing (very ornate looking too). The stamp does not have what we usually see on modern silver jewelry (the "925"), but this one says "STERLING ->u<-". Anyone ever see a marking like that? Any ideas on the age? Thanks for any info/insight.

Hope everyone has a good month with some great finds!
HH,

Rick image

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've seen (and perhaps found) a piece or two with that ">U<" marking on it, but I couldn't tell you what it means.

Good to see you, Rick.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • nice looking ring though...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Nice looking ring Rick it look's like it could be Victorian maybe.Did you look for the stone when you dug it??HH,Tom
  • Nice ring Rick!

Does the mark look like this?

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Thanks guys!

LM-
    Did your find make it into the digger's diary? You been working on that lately? I've done a few things to my web journal within the past week.

LT-
    That's what I thought too (has a Victorian look).
    And yes, I looked for the stone in the dirt. (first thing my wife asked me when I showed it to her too! image )