Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Auctions sites other than eBay?

Are there any with a variety like eBay's (coin or otherwise)?
I've checked Amazon, Yahoo, ubid.com, bidz.com, Teletrade, Overstock and I can never find what I'm looking for. Do you use anything else?

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teletrade and eBay only. I haven't used anything else.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heritage and David Lawrence
  • Options
    Goldberg and Rosenblum as well
    show me the money image

My eBay
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭
    In the early days of ebay, I bought some British coins on the cheap, including an 1844 farthing from Yahoo! I haven't looked at the auctions there in years, though.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Teletrade in my pre-Internet days but not more than once or twice since I discovered eBay.

I've been thinking of browsing Yahoo! and Overstock and others, just for the heck of it. I've pretty much ignored the others for so long, since their selections seem really pathetic in comparison to what is listed on the 900-pound gorilla. However, you never know where that special something might be hiding. Now that I have pretty much exhausted eBay for a few particular items I'm seeking (at least until the next crop of new listings), I might just browse one or two of the "others".

I doubt I will be selling on any of the others anytime soon. It always seemed to me that if you want the world to see your listing, eBay is the way to go. But then, I've never tried any of the others. Maybe I should do an inexpensive test listing on Yahoo! one of these days. I don't even have an account with them.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to look at Yahoo auctions, but all I ever saw was overpriced stuff from dealers. Not really anything from other collectors selling duplicates, and no real "deals" at all. I've pretty much quit using Ebay for purchases, too.

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few antique sites and various other auctions venues with small amounts. There was a US Coin Forum thread awhile back with some links here:

Auction Sites besides Yahoo/eBay Thread
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101