Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1986-87 Garbage Pail Kids

Over the weekend I picked up a binder full of these cards. Is there any type of on-line price guide
for these? Or a certain book I can pick up? Or are they even worth anything? Just wondering
since I've seen a couple of posts before on people talking about them. Thanks....

Comments

• Options
    Go here.

GPK

Mark
    1981-82 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1992-93 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1976 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1982 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1986 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1975 Topps Wacky Packages Series 15 PSA 9 or 10
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    From my experience, if they are solid razor sharp mint condition, they sell for about 5-10 cents per card as a lot for 3rd series and up. 1st and 2nd series are more.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    This was a very enlightening link! Thank you for sharing.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    These are not cheap

If this box was cheaper, I may have jumped on it for nostalgia purposes.
  • Options
    Yeah, those 1st series have been in the $800 range for quite a while. Kicker of it is though, you're really only getting 4 good cards a pack. Every single card next to the gum is damaged. That has been 100% true with every pack I've opened. A couple years ago, these were super profitable to grade. Now I think they are hit and miss at $800 a box. Back when common PSA 10's were going for $75 each and Adam Bomb PSA 10 was $250 and Nasty Nick was just astromical. Dirk the Dentist was offering a lot of money for the Nasty Nick and I think he finally got it. Looks like now he just needs the #4B for 100% PSA 10. I wish I had it to sell him.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can I find a price guide on them. I just got about 3,000 today in a collection of baseball cards. I would like to find a price guide on them instead of just looking on Ebay. Is their one online?

Shane

• Options
    I don't really know of any price guide for them. The ones to look for would be variations. Some are quite valuable (like the Semi Colon NNO) and others are very common. There are tons of variations. I have a complete checklist with every variation in spreadsheet format. If anyone wants it, PM me with your email address and I'll mail it to you.
  • Options
    The link above is very, very good. It has a price guide as well.

By the way, I just finished going through about HALF of them. I have complete sets from series 1 all the way to series 8, including most variations (all variations in series 1). There is still one big box of albums that I have not went through. It looks like some later series. Hopefully, it will take me all the way through series 15! image

Plus, I have found an EXTRA series 1 set (all variations and series 2 set (missing a few variations)!

I have never, ever had any interest in non sports cards before tonight. I guess I am excited because these can sell pretty well, from what I can tell.

Shane

• Options
    WOW! I remember those cards. I haven't seen or even thought about them in ages. At the time, they were pretty cool.
  • Options

<< <i>These are not cheap

If this box was cheaper, I may have jumped on it for nostalgia purposes. >>

That is ridiculous! That is Worth more than ALL the baseball Issues by the CASE in 1986 COMBINED image
  • Options
    I just finished going through them all. I would say that their are at least 3,000 GPK cards. Guess what? I am 2 cards shy of a complete set from series 1 all the way to series 15. I was 7 cards short, and found 5 on Ebay (if he takes my offer at $0.40 each. As far as the variations go, I have most of them. I only 45 variations short of a complete master set (most of those are the missing trademark variation in series 3.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>That is ridiculous! That is Worth more than ALL the baseball Issues by the CASE in 1986 COMBINED image >>

Not that they are super rare, but they were produced in much much lower numbers than anything baseball. I've never even seen a case of these yet you can find 50 baseball cases a week on ebay. Plus almost anyone who was 8-15 when those came out has a big nastalgia for them. They were huge back in the day.
  • Options
    Where can I buy GPK cards (besides Ebay). Is there something like sportlots.com for GPK?

Shane

• Options
    Post here which ones you need, someone may have them. I have sets of series 1, 2 & 3 I believe. So, I may have an extra card here and there.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    From the 11th series - I need 422b 432b 436b 442a 444a 445b 454b. That will complete my set run.

I also need a few variations from series 3. I need all of the "no copyright" variations. I actually need 2 of each (for another set run).

Shane

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That is ridiculous! That is Worth more than ALL the baseball Issues by the CASE in 1986 COMBINED image >>

Not that they are super rare, but they were produced in much much lower numbers than anything baseball. I've never even seen a case of these yet you can find 50 baseball cases a week on ebay. Plus almost anyone who was 8-15 when those came out has a big nastalgia for them. They were huge back in the day. >>

I was 10! I missed the frenzy of series 1 but have a complete series 2 set
  • Options
    I was 11 in 86. I started collecting in 3rd series but I remember at the time that the 1st and 2nd series were chased by every kid. You were the man if you owned an Adam Bomb.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    do any of you collect the new series 1-5?

What storage options do you guys use to preserve these gems?

I am thinking about UltraPro Platinum album pages, but I really dont like the fact the top is somewhat exposed. One cannot even put a penny sleeve inside those pockets because they are so tight.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee