Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Registry features..WOW

Can't believe thge changes..just awesome..What do you think?
Bruce Scher

Comments

• Options
    I complained a little last night out of frustration (a bunch of my coins were accidentally deleted). But, rather than try to notify CS about the issue, I just took the time to add coins back into my inventory and then post them to my sets. Deleting coins and adding coins has been very slow for me...but that's due to the start up mode that they are in right now...and that's completely understandable in my book.

Overall, I think the changes are fantastic actually and it will be very user friendly when the site gets up to speed. My favorite feature is that TrueView pics are already linked to your coins when you add them into your set. Saves alot of time not having to upload all of these pics. I have a huge submission in for TrueView right now and I'm wondering if my coin photos will just appear in my sets one day...when they are entered into the system at PCGS???? That would be very cool.

I'm hoping that they will make it possible to look at each of your registry sets on ONE LONG page...and not have to go to the bottom to click on 2, 3 or 4, etc. to view the next page in your set. That's slows things down a bit too.

• Options
    I encountered a problem when I added a $5 modern comm., it was also added to my $1 modern comm set. I have sent them an email. Looks like there are still "bugs" in the programming. Overall I like it but the learning curve is tough.

Dan
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    I like the new registry. Lots of new stuff to do, and all sorts of things I didn't know too.
    I have 3 sets, with the possibility of starting 129 more....image
    Oh, and if anyone wants to pay PCGS price for my inventory, I don't think I could refuse.
  • Options
    V2 is excellent, new features and very easy to manage your sets.
    I really like the value of the set price guide, the what if function
    and the multiple load function. So far it is an improvement over the
    old system.
    Thanks for the upgrade.
    Ron
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the brief look I took last night I'm very pleased and commend PCGS for all the efforts.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    been checking it out and think the new features are top notchimage good going PCGS!
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Great improvements!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    I love it, so easy to use. Way to go PCGS Registry folks.

• Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    I tried to link to an image in the set by pulling down the properties to copy...and there weren't any? What gives with that?
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed a new feature.

Looking at my lone set on the My Set Registry page and it showed a red down arrow toward the bottom.
    Then it said New Rank 33 Old Rank 32 aija went from Rank 0 to Rank 19.
    Interesting.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just noticed a new feature.

Looking at my lone set on the My Set Registry page and it showed a red down arrow toward the bottom.
    Interesting. >>

I think that I figure this one out.

Your old ranking was 32 and when Aija listed a new set his previous set ranking since he had no set listed was 0 then he listed it and it became 19 and you went from 32 to 33. Get it?

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Thanks Paul.
    I had figured that out.
    I'm still getting used to the new format. It seems like a big ADD COIN to Set button would be nice but I just might be missing that.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really do like the old way of adding coins, where you could do the coin, disc., and pic all at once. Now it takes three steps, unless I am missing something.

Jon
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it !!

Geez it looks like you can add as many pictures as you want for a certain coin. For sure you can add three. I have not tried more yet.....image

Ken
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Interesting.

• Options

<< <i>Looking at my lone set on the My Set Registry page and it showed a red down arrow toward the bottom.
    Interesting.

image >>

Down to 35th today

Where else can you have so much fun while getting beat up so bad?

link
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    I just used it for the first time. There are very few new things that are immediately better than the old way of doing things, but this is one of them. I really like it!! Easy to use with a little computer literacy, features like my inventory allow you to view all you have, you can switch coins in/out, the possibilities are endless!! Definitely an A+++!!!!!!
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    " Can't believe thge changes..just awesome..What do you think?"

I can't believe how mediocre it is, and I really don't like the one size fits all mentality.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    I can't believe my spelling..the with an extra g thrown in..oh well..
    Steve I guess to each his own..I think it is just fantastic..Maybe its a generation thing Im really really old..I was amazed with the concept of fax machines too.
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I just wish there were options for which items to display (or not to display). It's great for people who want to compete based on points, but to me it, should be a virtual coin album first. With minor modifications, it would work for both.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    When I want to add inventory with a note (usually date of purchase) I can't seem to find a way to do it in one step. I enter the cert number then I go to my inventory and edit the coin to add the data. Am I missing something?

Other than that I really like this upgrade.

Millertime
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    It took me quite awhile to load 123 costs to my inventory, going back and forth. I figured it was a one time thing. It would be nice if adding things to inventory like images and descriptions didn't automatically get added to sets, but I guess the way it's configured we have to live with it. Steveimage