Home Q & A Forum
Options

7 Digit PCGS IDs

I have quite a few world coins in PCGS holders which have 7 digit PCGS coin number IDs. If those coins are submitted for reholdering, will the 7 digit IDs be replaced with the 6 digit PCGS coin number IDs currently used? Is it correct to assume that the 7 digit coins are presently not included in the population reports? Thanks. The world population reports have definitely enhanced by collecting enjoyment.

Bob

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I have quite a few world coins in PCGS holders which have 7 digit PCGS coin number IDs. If those coins are submitted for reholdering, will the 7 digit IDs be replaced with the 6 digit PCGS coin number IDs currently used? Is it correct to assume that the 7 digit coins are presently not included in the population reports? Thanks. The world population reports have definitely enhanced by collecting enjoyment.

Bob >>

Hi Bob,

The PCGS coin numbers currently assigned to the coins are the numbers that will stay with the coins even if they are reholdered.

Thanks for your comments on the World Population Reports. In response to customer feedback, we've added breaks in the larger countries to make it easier to determine in which grade column you are looking.
    Ron Guth
    President
    PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
    www.CoinFacts.com