Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

V2 Update

Hi Everyone,

Some of you have told me that you did not receive the emails I have sent out in the last couple of weeks or did not see my messages here in the forum or on the news page about your email address and username. Your username is now being displayed in your list of sets and your coin album. If you were using your email address as your username in our database, you may want to login in to change your username to something you are comfortable displaying to the public. Just login to the Registry, then click on YOUR ACCOUNT which appears on the top right corner. From here you can change your account information.

We are still working on some speed issues in a few specific areas of the Registry. If you experience slowness, please email me directly with information about where you were and where you were going.

Many of you have asked about seeing set values. You can do this in the "What if?" program, which is a really cool way for you to see what the addition of inventory will do to your set. Go to MY SETS, click on one of your sets and then click on the WHAT IF? link that appears below your set description.

V2 is inventory based and allows you to track your coins. If you delete inventory and that inventory is listed in one of your sets, it will delete that item from your set. This really is no different from the old version, but in the old version you would go into the set to delete the item. In V2, you can make your deletions in either place. But remember, if you want your set to remain in the ATF status, delete the set first! You can delete the set, but keep the items in inventory, or you can delete the set and all of the inventory items associated with it in that set and all your sets.

Getting used to new software can sometimes be challenging. There is a comprehensive User Guide now online. Should you not understand how something works, please refer to the guide. If you still have trouble, email setregistry@pcgs.com and we'll take care of you. This program has many new features and I expect that it will take a little while for you to find them all and put them to use.

Should you notice any problems with any of your sets or inventory, please email the setregistry. Cosetta, Gayle and I as well as our top-notch team of programmers are working very hard to get all problems resolved as quickly as we can.

Thanks for your patience and support!

BJ Searls
bsearls@collectors.com
Set Registry & Special Projects Director
PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com

Comments

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    BJ. I looks like you had quite a long day. Thanks for your efforts!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BJ:
    Thanks for all of the hard work that you and your staff have put into making this a great place to "Hang out at"! I for 1 applaued image YOUR effort!

I do have 1 quick comment...I was wondering as to why PCGS doesn't list the cert # of a coin listed for everyone to see? You have the coin #, pop, pop higher, variety, etc.. but no Cert #. Now I put that in my description sect. and it is right next to the higher pop section and looks run together.

I really don't care for the yellow "Up-dated, up-graded" icons. Its kinda hard to see. I would have stayed with the red rectangular box instead.

It really is a great job!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BJ,

I hate to be criticial(sp), but I have the same dislikes as stooge plus I think it is harder now to add coins. You have to go around and commit to all the sets and when you enter a new coin you have to go around and upload the pic and then edit to get the description in. Where in the old system you just added the cert # and desc and pic at the same time. Then all you had to do is add the cert # to the other sets you wanted the coins in.

And the thing I dislike the most is the paging down in large sets. I like the old system better here also. You could scroll down the whole set and not have to wait for the pages to load. Just realized you can scroll down the whole set when you go out to look. The page thing was when I was in there adding the pics and descriptions, I guess.

I like the colors in the old system better and the old system was easier to move around in.

I'm sorry I like the old system better.

Also, the price option is for everything including the retired sets, which coins I do not have anymore. I was hoping each set would have the prices with a total at the bottom or some where.

Also, just realized the link in my sig line does not take you to my set anymore.

Again, I don't want to be critical. I know as a programmer how much work this took, but as a user I like the old system better.

Jon

• Options
    All of the sudden my 1994 ASE ms69 is gone, not in my set?

Could not pull up the verification number..........it was verified before.

glich?

(Lance Armstrong American Heroes series.)

Travis

--------
    Howdy from Houston...

Can't keep my eyes
    from the circling skies
    Tongue tied and twisted
    Just an earthbound misfit,
    I

">my registry set

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ATF set has the missing coins back and the speed has greatly improved. Some real great service from the PCGS folks. Thank you again.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When trying to get my Email address out of the set name the system would not let me have the name I wanted or even my second choice. The reply was that the names were already taken. Its hard for me to believe that anyone else would use Fairlaneman or KenB.

Oh well, now I will just be some OregonDesert dude.

Ken
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BJ:

I agree with dimeman.

Also, the new program hurts my eyes to read.

By the way, was it necessary to post mini pics next to each coin of a person's set? Doesn't that slow the whole system down? Wouldn't a simple picture icon have been sufficent as in the past?

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just added 3 coins to 3 different sets in the matter of seconds. Probably would have taken me 10 minutes under the old version. Very nice! image
  • Options
    I think its just fantastic..a few bugs to work out sure..but wow..so much better.
    Bruce Scher
  • Options
    It is looking great and working fine for me.
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    One of the date on the nickel sets are wrong. The 1968-s reads 1966-s.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BJ, Thanks to you and you're team for a job well done. As with any project, there will be
    some tweaking, but I am happy to say that I found NO problems with my sets. Thanks again,
    and may I say V2 ROCKS! Shagnasty imageimageimage
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    V2

Not impressed!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>All of the sudden my 1994 ASE ms69 is gone, not in my set?

Could not pull up the verification number..........it was verified before.

glich?

(Lance Armstrong American Heroes series.) >>

After no response to the above post on this thread, I wrote customer service an email.

As of now, things are still the same, and I am waiting for a response.

edited: My bad, i just reread the original post and forwarded the email to setregistry as requested in post.
    Thanks.

Travis

--------
    Howdy from Houston...

Can't keep my eyes
    from the circling skies
    Tongue tied and twisted
    Just an earthbound misfit,
    I

">my registry set