Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

bought something other than darkside gold for once

won my first two Teletrade auctions tonight, and in particular, the French coin is one that really strikes my artistic fancy

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Love 'em both, but I have always liked the French design, it is one of the classics!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Both are nice purchases. The rupee looks quite nice for an AU-50.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>Both are nice purchases. The rupee looks quite nice for an AU-50. >>

funny, the rupee was an impulse buy. i know zero about it, but liked the design and thought $15 was a fair price

Doug
  • Options
    Wow, both are very nice. I really love the design of the 1873 Fance 5F. Nice buys.
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    You did well on both, especially the French coin. I've always thought those coins are overpriced on eBay.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>You did well on both, especially the French coin. I've always thought those coins are overpriced on eBay. >>

thanks! I really wanted a nice example, and I still may have overpaid at $65; nonetheless, I was more interested in getting a nice example to keep, and not grumbling over a few bucks here and there.

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    I'd buy that all day long at $65. I've been watching a gorgeous PCGS MS66 on Ebay for months... the seller wants just STUPID money for it and won't come down, so there it sits. image
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd buy that all day long at $65. I've been watching a gorgeous PCGS MS66 on Ebay for months... the seller wants just STUPID money for it and won't come down, so there it sits. image >>

Stupid money is right. I paid $50 for my PCGS 64, and bought a couple of raw BU examples in France for 15 euros each.