Home Q & A Forum
Options

Question about pl/dmpl grading

I collect pl/dmpl morgans. I was wondering how they are regraded. If sent in a pcgs ms63dmpl coin and the consensus was ms64pl on the regrade, would it regrade as 64dmpl or stay the same? In other words, once a coin is designated as pl/dmpl, is that designation "safe" on a regrade, and if the technical grade is regraded higher, will it get the higher grade with the same designation? Thanks, this has been an issue of worry/debate on the boards before.

sweetwilliet
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Will’sProoflikes

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I collect pl/dmpl morgans. I was wondering how they are regraded. If sent in a pcgs ms63dmpl coin and the consensus was ms64pl on the regrade, would it regrade as 64dmpl or stay the same? In other words, once a coin is designated as pl/dmpl, is that designation "safe" on a regrade, and if the technical grade is regraded higher, will it get the higher grade with the same designation? Thanks, this has been an issue of worry/debate on the boards before.

sweetwilliet >>

Hi Sweet Willie T,

My understanding is that a regrade will not go down in grade...it will either stay the same or go up...and that applies to both the grade AND the designation, in combination.
    Ron Guth
    President
    PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
    www.CoinFacts.com