Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1967 set available...

I would like to sell it whole to collector (if I can get my price). If not I will indeed break it card by card on Ebay over the coming months as time permits. I will fill in the holes as appearing on my registry with 8's and get a few upgrades to make the set 8.20 minimally.

I've had the cards for some time now--time to spread them around. Since I've had some extensively huge dupe sets, these PSA 8's in my set are the best of 2 or 3 examples. If anyone is seriously interested in buying the whole set, send me a PM or personal email to discuss.

Also, have 25% of the '65 set in PSA 8. That will also be broken up in the coming months. Someone told me kids are expensive--I guess I'll find out in June!image
"...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.

Comments

• Options
    i am interested and i sent a pm or two
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    take the money and put it in a roth ira for the kid.....

loth
  • Options
    Eric, good luck with your sale. It is a work of art.
    And best wishes on your new arrival!
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Teddy! And thanks for all the pm's and emails. My wife is pretty amazed by the near-immediate response and genuine well-wishers. Please don't ask about the 9's or variations yet guys--I'd like to give it a chance to sell as a whole before I individually break on EBAY. Advance notice will be given, starting with low pop 9's, variations, and low pop 8's. Thanks again for the interest and the comments--image

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    ej...which is your set? i assume it's up on the Registry?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Impossible Dream on the 1967 Topps Baseball Registry.

• Options
    E:

sorry to hear breaking it up - you have been at this a long time.

Kids are indeed expensive - have 2 of my own but well worth it - most of the time image

I do hope u sell it all to a collector otherwise count me in to bid on some of the 9's

Best of luck

ED
    Collecting 1967 Topps in psa 9 and 1971 topps in psa 8

• Options
    nice to know i am not the only ed here and maybe both of us from oregon too...lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    fellow ed -no luck am from CT

• Options
    Eric,
    Best of Luck! I still remember that cello pack break at the AC Nationals a few years back. Your name has sort of been synonomous with the 67' set. A real labor of love from a true collectors collector.
    Peace.
    RayB
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    Hey Ray--

If only being synonymous with '67 would get my set some respect and bidders, it would be worth something.

Hope to spend some more time up North this coming summer with baby coming in June. Say hi to Janelle!

EJ

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Good luck EJ,

I hate to call you an "old-timer" but when it comes to the Registry, the description fits. Hopefully, you'll get your price as a whole. But, if you don't, selling it gradually on eBay is the way to go. I sold my 72's at about 50 cards a week over the course of 12 weeks - same time, same day each week and the same bidders were there week in and week out to make it a worthwhile effort.

Best of luck!

Frank Bakka
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Frank,
    If I may ask .... how many hours do you think you spent going that route?
    I have a 63 Topps Baseball Set I may plan to sell that way.
    Not trying to hijack your thread Eric, just curious on the amount of time allocated
    to sell a set piece meal, such as yours.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    When you least expect it, it'll happen.
    I spent two Ft. Washington Shows trying to move my set.
    The offers I received were absymal....
    Then - out of the blue - I got a "cold call" email which lead to a standup offer which I accepted.

You just never know.....

Best of Luck with the sale; but more importantly with your baby!
    Mine's 2 1/2 and I can say without pause - he's fabulous.
    Can't wait to get him involved with the bb card passion I will always have....

Yours in collecting
    Steve S.
    Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • Options
    Steve,
    Out of the blue again, as fate would have it .
    Haven't talked with you for a few months and we post with in a minute of each other.
    Spooky stuff.
    I guess the sale of your set must have been meant to be.

Thanks again for the great set!
    Kirk
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments and encouragement guys---I know what I have into the set in money, time, and sweat. Breaking it up on EBAY may be the way to go with auction house fees so high.

Hate to agree Frank, but I suppose in the 1967 registry, I am an old-timer. image

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Kirk (mojo),

PM sent on time and effort to break up the set on eBay.

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I can not get to treadwaycaards.com
  • Options
    I wound up killing the site - send me an email at fletced2000@yahoo.com if you desire an available 67 PSA list

Ed

• Options
    UPDATE: Just listed some LOW POP MINT PSA 9's from the set. I'll see how they do. I have spares to plug back in to keep the set at all PSA 8+. Received a very enticing offer to consign at 0% this coming Spring that is still being considered. I suppose if it has to break on EBAY one piece at a time to get the money out of it that I put into it, so be it.

Another thread dealt with the idea to sell nothing between 12/15 and 1/5 as prices just aren't there. Any thoughts?

Happy holidays to all, and thanks for taking a look at the cards I listed--some stuff ends this Sunday, the PSA 9's end 12/17.

Eimage

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Consigning at 0% might be your best way to go. Between Ebay Listing, Final Value and PayPal fees you are going to pay around 7%-12% on an individual card basis and have to put in a LOT more labor.