Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

More Ore

These hunks of Ore are about 41mm in diameter.

imageimage
Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I would love a couple of pieces like that for my collection! Very interesting.

I love the use of the word Hunks...

Very impressive a 41mm,

where are the, uh, missing chunks?
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    They are cool!! And they exude that "old world" charm...like they've been recently dug up or something. Nice obverse design too.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I have seen, these large copper coins tend to be heavily corroded. I suspect that the missing chunks broke off long time since.
    This one actually has a decent patina and is well preserved.
    I purchased one from Josh last month and that was a beauty. You might have noticed it about two weeks ago when I posted it.
    Here it is again:

imageimage
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I missed that one.

I suspect the chunks missing are due to the planchet cracking during the minting process.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭
    I had seen it, I see why Josh's piece is exceptional.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3