Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What would you pay for this Lincoln?

Hello all,

I'm considering selling one of my older Lincolns, a 1926 PCGS MS66RD. I've attached two pictures for you to view. Just wondering what the current market rate is for such a coin and if I'd get a good price for it should I try to sell. This is a tough call. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm a hardly an expert, and may get laughed at, but based on what I see online I would pay $60-70 for it. Common date, but lovely condition.

[Clarification: the above is not intended to be an offer; I thought it was a rhetorical question, otherwise this should be in the BST section.]
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    You might, rather, post this in the BST forum. Might get good answers and a few attractive offers.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154
    The coin looks to be all there...$250-$300.
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    Although, if responses to Otis' query at the top of the bst page are any indication, a stated price is preferred by most respondents. Or, to paraphrase Booboo Bear, "Mr. Vader isn't gonna like that, Yoda!"
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    nice coin with no carbon spots. turn you private messenger on.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay , that is all you need to know image Put it on ebay starting at a penny and give me the link !

Joe
  • Options
    now now joe
    let's just keep this between us.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys. It is a very nice carbon free coin with just gorgeous luster. It will be a tough call when I decide what to do.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You might, rather, post this in the BST forum. Might get good answers and a few attractive offers. >>

I put a coin up on the BST board with a submit your best offer andf everybody wanted a hard price.

As far as the coin goes, I would think between $175 and $250.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>now now joe
    let's just keep this between us. >>

Leap, I have a hunch there'd be more than just you and me competing for it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file