Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Imagine how much the 20th Annv SAE sets would be going for IF

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
the USMint hadn't made the UNC available as a single!!!

These sets are going, opened, for ~$175 a set (at least, mine sold as a BIN in under 24 hours that way and buyer asked for as many as I had at that price). Unopened, they've been going for ~$210 on ebay or so.
Graded 1st Stroke, PF/MS 69, they go for ~$400+.

Segoja just blew our minds with a single sale of $5887 for ONLY the Reverse Proof in PR70 grade.

Just think if there were 2 "unique" coins in the set instead of one image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    If wishes were horses, then beggers would ride.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my aunt had nads she would be my uncle! image
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    The real winner would be the AGE if the ms coin was limited
    Michael
  • Options

<< <i>If my aunt had nads she would be my uncle! image >>

Uhhh, Tom, hate to tell you, but.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine the reverse proof released as single by the Mint.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Imagine the reverse proof released as single by the Mint. >>

Don't have to imagine that...they have already stated, clearly, they aren't doing that this year, and, I have already sold a set (well, 4 actually) at $174.99 image

I do think, however, if the unc weren't released as a single this year, the set would be worth ~2.5-4 times what it is selling for now. Reason being that there are more collectors of the uncs than there are the proofs. Registry set would slay on it image

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If my aunt had nads she would be my uncle! image >>

PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    A 20th anniversary 3 pc silver eagle set sold on ebay for $279.56 Here is the LINK
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

If "If's" and "But's"
    Were Candy and Nuts
    What a Wonderful World
    This Would Be
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

According to NN about 100,000 Single Silvers have been sold.

Either way, the Unc "W" will be VERY low mintage compared to Regular Unc., which runs into the Millions, BUT not as rare when compared to Proofs which stays under 1 million coins.

But Yes the Mint screwed up, they should have had the Unc "W" only in the sets this year and brought them in as singles in 2007. That would have been the way to do it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file