Home Stamps Forum
Options

Any word on PSE storage boxes?

KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

For encapsulated stamps .... when will they be available?

KJ

Comments

• Options
    I haven't heard anything and don't see anything on their web.

Jerry
  • Options

I would use them if they made them. I am definitely a PSE encapsulated type of collector. I wish they would get storage boxes for encapsulated stamps out on the market sometime soon!

KJ

• Options
    Might try looking around the Sports Card Industry. They have been encapsulating for a long time and it looks to be near the same size.

Richie
  • Options

PSE has said they would make storage boxes for their encapsulated stamps when there was a demand for them. I'm wondering how much longer we will have to wait?

• Options
    Are you talking more like the wooden or the blue plastic type that PCGS has? I'd like something with some sort of felt divided slots so the slabs don't scratch. Most of what I'm seeing right now appear to either be brand new in the plastic or may have only passed hands once or twice. Over time the slabs will start getting the been around the block look like a lot of slabbed coins. I know I've screwed up several just putting them in and out of the plastic blue boxes.

How is PSE really going to find out if people want them? Survey?

Jerry
  • Options

hi Jerry
    Someone from PSE had posted here a while back they would eventually have storage boxes available for the PSE encapsulated 'slabs.' I just assumed these boxes would be similar to the current blue PCGS plastic coin storage boxes. I think I remember the PSE guy saying the expense was in having the molds made for their production. It sounded like they were only waiting for PSE customers to demand such a storage product. I haven't heard anything more about it.

I keep all of my coin and stamp 'slabs' in baseball card sleeves. I'm using the Ultimate Collection #3023 Soft Sleeves (for cards size 2 1/2x 4 3/4). This is a no PVC product and a perfect fit for both NGC and PCGS coin slabs. It's also perfect for PSE stamp slabs. I agree with you it's nice to be able to protect the actual surface of the 'slab.' A lot of the NGC and PCGS coin slabs are badly messed up. I have yet to see a PSE stamp slab that looks bad. I'm hoping my use of soft sleeves to protect the slabs in our collection will keep everything looking nice image

KJ

• Options
    KJ,

Help is on the way. Making the initial box mold is extremely expensive, and until we had a sufficient number of serious slabbed stamp collectors out there, it was not a good deal for us to do. That is changing, and I believe we'll be releasing a slotted storage box for stamps sometime in '07. I know it's been a long wait, but we've also waited a long time for graded stamps to finally take off. :-)

Michael Sherman
    Director of Numismatics
    PCGS
  • Options

> I believe we'll be releasing a slotted storage box for stamps sometime in '07

Wonderful news!
    I'm ready to order this product now!

Thanks! image

KJ

• Options

Another blast from the past, another look at who doesn't post to the forum these days.

Anyone know if these boxes ever became available?
  • Options
    What are the dimensions of a slab? Are they all the same size? Are you looking for a display box or a storage box?

Rolin
  • Options
    I would just use a sport-card box, the slabs fit in the sport-card pages I use so surely they would fit in a box made for cards.