Home Sports Talk
Options

How do you feel about your team's division rivals?

gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
For me, I really don't like the Bengals, but I absolutely CAN'T STAND the Ravens and Brian Billick. The Browns I can give or take. How do you guys feel about team's division rivals?

Comments

• Options
    Well, I loathe the Cowboys unrelentingly. I grew up when Emmitt and company were around. The Eagles and Skins, I really don't mind either of them. Although I'll watch a Skins game 5 times before I'd watch an Iggles game. Hell I live nothing but 10 minutes from FedEx field and I usually go to a few games there.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Chiefs fan, grew up when Len Dawson, Otis Taylor, Willie Lanier and crew were in their heyday. I hate Denver and Oakland, and San Diego to a lesser extent. It was a beautiful sight last week when Indy beat Denver with a field goal, looking in the stands and seeing all those disappointed Broncos fans.

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    HATE the cowboys, and very, very much dislike the skins. Both have fair weather fans (non CU, as I don't want cowboys fans to start a hissy fit)

The Giants are okay because the fans are true.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the regular Cowboys fans on here like Kuhlmann and Bigdaddy are good guys. Most if not all card collectors are.

But I will hate the Dallas Cowboys today, I will hate the Dallas Cowboys tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, next decade, next score, next century, next millennium, and beyond.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I hate the Broncos, dislike the Chargers, and get great pleasure in observing the disaster that is the Oakland Raiders.
    Travis
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, but the Raiders do have 3 Super Bowl rings. Who knows if or when KC will ever have one.

image >>

I know, I know! KC already has one. Read about it here
  • Options
    Would it be safe to say, that the Lions really have no rivals anymore? Different division, but they do have Vick's number for some reason!
  • Options
    Hate the Eagles , Redskins and Giants

In no particular order

Dave
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, but the Raiders do have 3 Super Bowl rings. Who knows if or when KC will ever have one.

image >>

Go kick someone in the nuts image
    Travis
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Patriot's division rivals are so weak it's almost boring.

By the way, I think this setup with 8 4-team divisions is stupid. Division titles are meaningless, and I bet there will be three or four 7-9 division champs over the next 10 years. I'd like to see them go back to 6 divisions (4 with 5 teams, 2 with 6).
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Despise the falcan'ts, the overrated vick, and I want to punch that smug SOB Mora everytime I see his goofy grin on tv.

Dislike the panthers, especially their coach fox, and the team is filled with steroid injecting cheaters (though they get bonus points for their cheerleaders having sex with one another).

The saints, don't really care one way or the other, they've never been much of a threat.

The old division:

hated the lions...most of Barry Sanders' best games were shredding Buc defenses.

didn't care about the Vikings, though it was satisfying that in their 15-1 season a few years back, the Bucs gave them that single loss.

Always respected the Packers, and the Sapp-Favre battles were always really entertaining.

Bears...loved watching Ditka coach em, but again, no real emotions either way for this team.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont "Hate" the Patriots division rivals because the are no threat.
  • Options

<< <i>The Patriot's division rivals are so weak it's almost boring.

By the way, I think this setup with 8 4-team divisions is stupid. Division titles are meaningless, and I bet there will be three or four 7-9 division champs over the next 10 years. I'd like to see them go back to 6 divisions (4 with 5 teams, 2 with 6). >>

I like the concept of large divisions. Maybe just an AFC and NFC, with top six from each side making the playoffs (two byes for top two team in each conference during week one of the playoffs). While we're at it, let's do the same thing in baseball, except the AL and NL will just select the top four teams from each league.
  • Options
    Patriot's division rivals are weak now, but, as recently as 2000, the patriots were an abysmal 5-11 team.

It all goes in cycles...the patriots may be on top now, but they will go through a down period. It's the beauty of a cap and parity.
  • Options
    I HATE the steelers, and the hines ward, although i do think he is a good receiver, i hate him with a passion! The Ravens are ok, they have small things that drive me nuts but not like the steelers...and no one really cares about the browns, but i do like charlie frye!
    currently trying to complete these sets! any help is appreciated!!

2003 SPx Football
    2006 Topps Allen and Ginter

Joe Nuxhall cards, graded or raw

Bengals!
  • Options

<< <i>I HATE the steelers, and the hines ward, although i do think he is a good receiver, i hate him with a passion! The Ravens are ok, they have small things that drive me nuts but not like the steelers...and no one really cares about the browns, but i do like charlie frye! >>

See, I can't stand Chad Johnson, so I can see your reasoning for disliking Ward. And to be fair, I don't think Marvin Lewis is doing the job everyone thought he was going to do there...
  • Options
    It's odd that the coaches in the AFC North don't do well in what they were 'brought up' to do.

Cowher-previously a Special Teams coach...Steelers special teams usually suck

Billick-previous offensive guru...Ravens offense usually sucks

Lewis-defense...Bengals defense sucks

Crennel-defense...Browns defense sucks
  • Options

<< <i>Patriot's division rivals are weak now, but, as recently as 2000, the patriots were an abysmal 5-11 team.

It all goes in cycles...the patriots may be on top now, but they will go through a down period. It's the beauty of a cap and parity. >>

unfortunately true. Coach and QB are not immortal image
  • Options
    i agree with you about lewis not doing what he was supposed to do, but he was so hyped coming into cincy..i just with he would get are D together, there a little better than last year but know our O isnt doin very good..its all a big circle i guess...we will just have to wait and see what happens!
    currently trying to complete these sets! any help is appreciated!!

2003 SPx Football
    2006 Topps Allen and Ginter

Joe Nuxhall cards, graded or raw

Bengals!
  • Options
    How can anyone say Marvin Lewis hasn't done a phenomenal job in Cincy?

Doesn't it speak volumes about his performance when his team is .500, and people are disappointed? I mean, they were bad for how long again?

He's done a fantastic job with that team.