Home U.S. Coin Forum

Silver Set brings $6700 Pr70, RP70 MS69 PCGS

"You can't accumulate unless you speculate"

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I clicked your link and nothing happened.

Russ, NCNE
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our forum member right here - a "grass roots" collector! Incredible return on a $100 base value silver set. Bottom line - the power of the PCGS & FIRST STRIKE brands coupled with ebay as one of the key venues to sell top grade moderns!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • ...................image.............
    ......Larry........image
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    Well the POP is up by 4X to 24 already, for the 70 Rev Pr. Plus everyone with a box before 11/11 can get the FS designation.

I would expect these to come down a lot.

By the way Reg. Pr 70 Anniv FS is up to 114.

I does pay to be first, I wish it was me.

PLUS, there is 250,000 more to go. They might not be FS, but they will be Anniv. I'm sure there will be a few hundred 70's.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I guess I'll be dropping my box in the mail this week. Silly as I think First Strike™ is, there's too much upside to ignore it.
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    BTW seanthornton, you need to edit title to say MS-69

I found it amazing that this set went for that price since they were not all 70's

Hope the heck the buyer is reputable and follows through with the deal.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    As one of the underbidders, I am absolutely shocked

at the price achieved by this set. I thought 4000 would

be over the top.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • You can BIN a PCGS PR70DCAM for $1,100 (lowest I found).

There were no BIN for PCGS MS69, but a complete 3-piece set of PCGS 69's can be had for a BIN of $499 (lowest I found).

Does this mean that the RP in a PCGS PR70 is a $5,100+ coin?

Edited - I thought it closed at $6,100, not $6,700!
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Our forum member right here - a "grass roots" collector! Incredible return on a $100 base value silver set. Bottom line - the power of the PCGS & FIRST STRIKE brands coupled with ebay as one of the key venues to sell top grade moderns! Wondercoin >>

Mitch,
    Thanks. I am very happy but unfortunately I have to inform you that your guess of $7000+ did not win the giveaway. You were third, however. Great market insight as usual. Thanks, Jerry
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can BIN a PCGS PR70DCAM for $1,100 (lowest I found). There were no BIN for PCGS MS69, but a complete 3-piece set of PCGS 69's can be had for a BIN of $499 (lowest I found). Does this mean that the RP in a PCGS PR70 is a $4,500+ coin? >>

Yes. Emphasis on the Plus. Don't be suprised if it turns out I sold too soon. --Jerry
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Our forum member right here - a "grass roots" collector! Incredible return on a $100 base value silver set. Bottom line - the power of the PCGS & FIRST STRIKE brands coupled with ebay as one of the key venues to sell top grade moderns!

Wondercoin >>

But..but...but....I thought the only value was in the reverse proof. That the others didn't need it?

Ahem.....good ROI there notwilight! Way to use what you were given to your benefit! image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Mitch, Thanks. I am very happy but unfortunately I have to inform you that your guess of $7000+ did not win the giveaway. You were third, however. Great market insight as usual. Thanks, Jerry"

That's OK Jerry and while I would have liked to guess exactly on the money what your set would have sold for as the first set out on ebay, FYI not more than an hour later the next identical set to your sold BIN at $6,900.

Wondercoin.

P.S. Bochiman - Nearly all the value was in the Reverse Proof 70 and, IMHO, will likely continue to be the case for some time to come. But, of course, we were having a discussion on the MS coin to begin with - a coin that is not much more than a "throw in" in this 3 pc. collection.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file