Home Sports Talk
Options

Official Colts/Patriots thread.....Big Game

The way I see it, if the Pats win, they have identical records, and the Pats would own the tiebreaker, meaning Indy would have to return to Foxboro in the playoffs.

If the Colts win, they have a two game lead and the tiebreaker, essentially making a three game cushion at the half way point, and thus sealing up homefield throughout the playoffs barring a major collapse.

Ten minutes until kickoff, and as a Colts fan who has suffered multiple heartbreaking losses to the Pats, I'm nervous as hell!!!!

Colts are 3 point dogs, anyone think they have a chance with their run defense???

Lord, Help Our Colts!!!!

shawn

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Colts can FINALLY put the all the talk behind them. Colts D is the x factor here.

On a personal note, I need Peyton to throw 3 picks and Dillon to rush for 2 TD's and 200 yards...no prob

JS
  • Options
    I think it is going to come down to the Colts O vs the Pats D. Can the pats secondary keep up with the Colts WRs??

Should be good.
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    This should be a great game.image
  • Options
    WAY too early to be discussing tie breaker scenarios. There is half a season to play yet.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WAY too early to be discussing tie breaker scenarios. There is half a season to play yet. >>

Perhaps if the Pats win, you're right. But if the Colts win, and have an essential three game lead, I like their chances.

Especially considering their next game is home against the Bills, and still have division games against the Texans and Titans. It'll be tough for the Pats to regain home field if the Colts win tonight.

JMO. And you're right, it's early and injuries are always a possibility. So is a loss to one of the three teams I mentioned, just ask the Bears.
  • Options
    7-0. That Manning kid is good!!!

Unfortunately, the Colts run D still sucks.

Also unfortunately, I've heard the Mellencamp commercial three times already.

shawn
  • Options

<< <i>7-0. That Manning kid is good!!!

Unfortunately, the Colts run D still sucks.

Also unfortunately, I've heard the Mellencamp commercial three times already.

shawn >>

7-7

brady shows how good he is on a 4th and 3
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone stop Corey Dillon? And, is he ultimately going to be in the HOF?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    14-7 Colts.

This game is going to be a shoot out.

The Colts can make any offense look good, and Manning can make any defense look bad.

Hey, at least I saw a new Manning Mastercard commercial the last time out, instead of Mellencamp again.image

BTW, I think I have a man-crush on Manning. image, if you can't tell
  • Options

<< <i>14-7 Colts.

This game is going to be a shoot out.

The Colts can make any offense look good, and Manning can make any defense look bad.

Hey, at least I saw a new Manning Mastercard commercial the last time out, instead of Mellencamp again.image

BTW, I think I have a man-crush on Manning. image, if you can't tell >>

14-14 dillion scores
  • Options
    ............crap! looks like the Bears game.
  • Options
    Here come the refs! Can NE win without the Zebra's in their back pockets?

Doubt it

JS
  • Options

<< <i>Here come the refs! Can NE win without the Zebra's in their back pockets?

Doubt it

JS >>

Kevin, I think I smell a little home-cookin' myself.

Generous first down indeed.
  • Options
    Marvin Harrison is freaking sick. I hope the zebras don't screw this one up

JS
  • Options
    Joey... quit your b*tching. Some people dont need to make up excuses and blame the refs. How about the taunting on Brown? Oh wait.. you arent gonna say anything bad about it. Typical whining.

But on a realistic note, the Pats secondary is being taught a lesson tonight. Manning can pretty well toss the ball up and Harrison is pulling it down.
  • Options
    Brown threw the ball at the Colts player...if that aint taunting I dont know what is. Its clear that the Patsies arn't in the same
    league as the Colts.

JS
  • Options
    He threw the ball at the Colts player... sorry did he not throw it to the official who almost caught it? Keep b*tchin little boy. Pats arent in the same league as the colts? Sorry whats that score?

I will say it again... the Pats need a consistant kicker.

Ring Count:
    Pats 3
    TNA Wresler Monty Brown 2
    Bucs 1

Winless season count
    Bucs 1
    Pats 0

2006 Record:
    Pats 6-1
    Bucs 2-6
  • Options
    no one remembers second place, but then again are the Patsies even the second best team in the league? San Diego would
    have something to say about that

JS
  • Options
    More turnovers than the "house-o-pancakes".....!
  • Options
    JS, as i said before, you would cream your jeans if the Bucs had Brady for QB.
    In your case though, that would'nt be because of his talent, but because of his
    all-american looksimage
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    But.... its not Bradys night is itimage
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    yeah, what team couldn't use 4 picks....oooooon second thought, you can keep him. Congrats on folding at home

JS
  • Options
    Too many mistakes. Cant win a game with 5 turnovers.
  • Options
    We'll see who is playing after 16 games, won't we?
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    Hey JS... sorry how did the Bucs do?? Thats exactly what i thought. When they hit .500 then let me know. That should be somewhere in the 2008 season? Ok thats not fair... when they make the playoffs then you can talk. Wait.. that should be in about 2008 also.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin spewing trash out of his mouth once again, you are a clown, Brady and Company have more rings, stats and whatever else your sorry a$$ Bucs could ever dream of having.

Thanks for being a Yucs fan, LOSER.
  • Options
    Actually Brady and company have rings because the refs made calls in their favor. I still don't consider 1 2 or 3 point wins in the super
    bowl domination, but yes you have the rings.

Today you had nothing. Colts own you all, you know that. You won't even get that far to meet them in the playoffs, what would you all
    do if the Fish, Jets and Bills wern't all over your schedule?

Like I said....2-6, 6-2.....nobody remembers second place

JS
  • Options
    lol.. so thats your comeback lil joey, that a team at 6-2 is the same as a team at 2-6 because noone remembers 2nd place? LMAO. Thats ok.. everyone remembers a dynasty, and that is exactly what the pats are. 3 rings in 4 years. And the score doesnt matter its all about who WINS. Since you like the Bucs you dont really know what a win feels like.

• Options
    Well, I'm happy with the victory. I honestly think that's most likely the last trip to Foxboro for this season. Essentially a three game lead with eight games left, home field is right around the corner.

Of course, that did us no good last year. So we'll see if I can have my heart ripped out again this postseason.

The run defense is still sad. The offense is, of course, incredible.

A lot of people would argue, but I think Manning and Brady are both great quarterbacks. I think Manning is even better, quickly becoming one of the best of all time. I've said before, I think the difference between Brady having three rings and Manning zero was two words: Adam Vinateiri. While he's hitting last second super bowl kicks and game winning kicks in blizzards, Vanderchoke was missing. So I was a little concerned seeing Vinateiri miss a couple of big kicks tonight. Perhaps those are out of his system???

shawn
  • Options
    Nice win by the Colts.image
    Manning made some fantastic passes in crucial situations.
    In some defense of Brady, I think 3 of his ints were tipped passes.
    Doesnt matter, 5 turnovers and its tough to win. kinda reminds
    me of last years denver game. it's a sad monday
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first Patriots drive was quite telling for the rest of the game.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice win by the Colts.image
    Manning made some fantastic passes in crucial situations.
    In some defense of Brady, I think 3 of his ints were tipped passes.
    Doesnt matter, 5 turnovers and its tough to win. kinda reminds
    me of last years denver game. it's a sad monday
    image >>

Despite having 4 turnovers, they darn near tied it at the end (of course Viniteri choking helped). The last pick was a killer, though, and not Brady's fault at all. However, a true team loss, plenty of blame to go around, including the coaching (only 53 yards rushing in second half against the worst run defense in the league?!?!?)
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Despite having 4 turnovers, they darn near tied it at the end (of course Viniteri choking helped). The last pick was a killer, though, and not Brady's fault at all. However, a true team loss, plenty of blame to go around, including the coaching (only 53 yards rushing in second half against the worst run defense in the league?!?!?) >>

They have these team-wide mental and physical lapses when they play Denver and Indy and Miami in Miami. As long as they don't have to face any of these teams when it means something, they should be good to go.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually Brady and company have rings because the refs made calls in their favor. I still don't consider 1 2 or 3 point wins in the super
    bowl domination, but yes you have the rings.

Today you had nothing. Colts own you all, you know that. You won't even get that far to meet them in the playoffs, what would you all
    do if the Fish, Jets and Bills wern't all over your schedule?

Like I said....2-6, 6-2.....nobody remembers second place

JS >>

WOW!! I am suprised you came up with that lame rhetoric, not considering 1 2 or 3 point Super Bowl wins domination? We are not talking point spreads here, we are talking BOTTOM LINE Super Bowl Wins, ok not enough for ya? How about consecutive wins for a team? Still not good enough? Well its painfully obvious that your Yuc's fan mentality leaves you in a sorry state of a football sense so we will not dig any deeper. Oh and by the way the Colts have been knocked out of playoff games by the Patriots which are much more important than a week 8 game. Keep wearing your Yucs colors proudly....its suits you well LOL

• Options
    Are the pats and colts not already in the playoffs?