Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Master set question and serial numbered cards

How low can the serial # be to be on a Master Set. 100? 50? Higher. I am wondering because I am looking to start a few and have some lower #'s of Favre and other Packers. Is there a set rule already that I missed?

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How low can the serial # be to be on a Master Set. 100? 50? Higher. I am wondering because I am looking to start a few and have some lower #'s of Favre and other Packers. Is there a set rule already that I missed? >>

Good question. I have a sweet Contenders Emmitt #'d to 25 that I would love to addd to my set

matt
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I think anything over 3-5 generally can be added. I think PSA's current official stance is that they do not want 1/1s in there, as that would preclude others from completing the set...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    We've got a Mirror Black Eddie Murray in our set listing. I dont own it and have no idea who does. I'd rather not have any 1/1 cards in the sets. Id love a shot at being near 100% at some point, even if its only for a short time until a new card pops up.
    Eddie Murray, Will Clark and Darin Erstad collector, check my wantlists for what I need.
    http://www.clark22murray33.com
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I dont mind having low #ed cards. The problem is that they dont get the weight they deserve. If a card is a 1/5 or 10. Then that will be tough card to get for your set. Just because its not in the SMR doesnt mean it should only be a 3 or 4 weight.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I have a 1/10 and a 1/25 that are included in the Mcgwire Master. There generally arent any cards produced that dont have at least 10 examples, unless they are 1/1's. I agree PSA's stance is just to exclude the 1/1's (and rightfully so IMO)