Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

DUKE OF MINT-1965 SET

I intend to retire my set this month.Its been a good run but need to raise some cash to continue my quest for cards I want to upgrade my 50 sets.I intend to break the 65 set up through Memory Lane,Madec, Mastro auctions,and direct sales or trades to other collectors. It is # one on the registry at present and contains many one of one 9's and 10's!!!If any collector wants to reserve some cards in advance of my consigning the cards-contact me via e-mail.I will not be selling any of the Yankees.The set is available for viewing on the registry.Many of the Mets have already been reserved.I do not intend to list any on e-bay at this time.I will also entertain trade proposals for PSA 9 Yankees in 56'57'58' and 59 that I do not already have.Also interested in 9's of stars in 54 and 55-Duke
Carl

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DUKE - sad to see you retire the set
    but I know the feeling all too well of switching gears
    as a couple of my '65's from my set ended up in yours...jay
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck Carl, you truly are one of the good guys.

My set is better because of your help.

thanks again.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Carl,

I sent you an e-mail.

Jim
  • Options
    Duke:

Good luck with the break up. I personally think the 65 design is the best looking set of the 60's.

Peace

Doug
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭
    E-mail sent.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    natetrooknatetrook Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    How much are you looking for on the Carlton RC #477?
  • Options
    Good luck on your future purchases Carl. Hope to see you again sometime its been a few years.
  • Options
    The Carlton is a PSA 10 and the price is approximately 4K!Please reply to my e-mail address-carl_m_albero@amsec.com.-Carl
    Carl
  • Options
    Jim-Having difficulty reaching you on your alternate e_mail address-Carl
    Carl
  • Options
    It has been a few years-do not go to many shows anymore-send me an e-mail and let me know what you are up to-carl
    Carl
  • Options
    Jay-It is tough to do but I cannot take the set much further up the latter-plus the competition from RUM on e-bay has gotten too expensive to stay in the game.Hopefully this will provide an opportunity for other collectors to fill some holes.I have been amazed at the number of want lists I have already recieved.Jay please look out for a 58 Yankee Team Card in 1958.Last card I need and will take a 7 as a filler-carl
    Carl
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DUKE - I hear ya!
    Regarding the '58 Yanks team
    I only have a PSA-5
    but will keep an eye open if any higher grades come my way...jay
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    For those of you who may be interested but don't know Carl--let me give him a ringing endorsement as someone great to do business with. Carl just sold me 99 psa 9s at a very fair price with extended payment terms.

Thanks Carl.

Jim
  • Options
    He sure is.

99 of em heh? good job you 2.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    There are none better than Carl!!! Repeat..none.

Thanks a million!

Russ & Reeta ('65 in 9)
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Carl-

Congrats on building one helleva set. Its been fun to watch you build it over the past several years.

John Basilone
  • Options
    Carl is a class act whose 65 set will be missed but he is soooo represented with equal class in other set.

Dave C.
  • Options
    Well I did it!!I officially retired my set tonight.Had difficulty pressing the delete button!!I went out as NUMBER ONE on the registry!However I am sure RUM will overtake me in due course.Wish he would answer my e-mails.Has anyone communicated with him or even know who he is.Thanks for all the accolades guys-I am sure we will be in contact as I take on the quest of improving my 50"s sets.Maybe Dave Cryer will let me handle one of those 52 Mantle's some day.Talking about a good guy-he rates up there with the best of them.For information 250 of the cards in the 65 set have already been reserved-people do read these treads.-Carl
    Carl
  • Options
    Carl

I have emailed with Rum and he always replied to me. He may be away. he is somewhat of a celebrity. John basilone knows more about him then I do though. he will fill you in.

edit: hey i woke up today and I moved up 1 notch!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

Email Sent.
  • Options
    Thanks alot-I almost had a heart attack when I pressed the button to retire my set.If you want to know where the money is going check my 58 and 59 sets-especially the 1 of 1 PSA 10 Mickey Mantle-it cost me a ton-Carl
    Carl
  • Options
    Glad I could help. hehe

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    John-I got your e-mail on Jellybean-is their another one I missed-carl
    Carl
  • Options

Nah..that was it.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    It's nice to see the heavy weights of many of the sixties sets posting, you guys have all been first class in my dealings with you. Good luck with the sale Carl.
  • Options
    Carl

cards came today! thanks very much.

i appreciate all your help over the years.

Steve
    Good for you.