Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

For Sale: 1968 Topps Complete Graded Set - #3 Current Finest W/GPA 9.14

Over the past year I have enjoyed creating this 1968 Topps Graded Set. The set has now reached #3 on the current Finest 1968 Topps Sets and #4 on the All Time Finest Sets on the PSA Set Registry with a GPA of 9.14. The set only needs 8 more cards to acheive PSA 9 or better status and has 110 PSA 10 Cards!

I am interested in selling this set but not at a loss. Anyone serious about the purchase of this set can PM me.

A golden opportunity for high end collectors image

Regards,
T. Allan

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I wish I could, but I have a serious lack of money. Are you willing to post a ballpark figure for those of us who are curious?
  • Options
    SMR for an all PSA 9 set is in the $43K range. Determine what my 112 PSA 10's are worth and consider the difference between my 8 PSA 8's and the 9's needed to upgrade them and you'll have the ballpark figure your looking for....... image
  • Options
    I just wanted to note: My set now has 112 PSA 10's. Updating my initial message image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hot DAMN that is a nice set! Good luck selling. Have you considered breaking it up? I bet there are some guys willing to pay TOP DOLLAR for certain cards or lots ....

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    softparade,

Thanks for the kind words regarding my set. I think it's a pretty awesome set myself..... image

I really have no desire to break the set up at this time.

I'm also in no hurry to sell it. But thought if someone was interested in the entire set at a reasonable price....(which would keep me from any loss on the set) I'd be willing to sell it...... image

• Options
    Can I buy it in installments like everything else I ever buy from you TAB ?

That is one really nice painfully picked set you have there..............

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    Lol......thanks.....I'd have to agree this set is a dream...... I figured there would be a few collectors out there that couldn't let this type of opportunity pass by? For a set that is over $62K in value......I'd think there would be some takers in the mid $50K range?

Just take out a 2nd mortgage or a line of credit and pay me upfront and the bank can get the installments........ image
  • Options
    What?.... no one has an extra 55K to spend on a great set? image
  • Options
    Can get a nice BMW for that also.........
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options

<< <i>Can get a nice BMW for that also......... >>

true! But if you can't afford both you should not be collecting vintage cards friend!

What do you suppose the seller of this set drives? Maybe a 69 Volkswagon! I doubt it!

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    RobMM7.....not that I should be wasting my time replying to your comment......

Do you often contact sellers of high end vintage material and give them this line of great thought? image
  • Options
    FYI - This set has now moved to a GPA of 9.15 and maintains it's position at #3 on the Current Finest Sets and #4 on the All Time Finest Sets respectively on the PSA Set Registry out of well over 100 sets listed! This set continues to be available at a fair price.

• Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Needless to say this set is no longer available for purchase in the mid $55K range.

I've upgraded the set from it's 9.14 GPA when I listed this set for sale back in November 2006 to its current GPA of 9.25!
    The set now has 179 PSA 10's. There are only 6 cards that need upgrading from PSA 8. The rest are 9's/10's. The set is still for sale. I'd need a figure in the mid-upper $60K's to sell it. Currently my set has a value of greater than $75k.

The set is only .04 GPA from the 2nd current finest set.

Any interested parties can send me a PM or e-mail me at my e-mail address listed on my set at the PSA Set Registry.

Regards,
    T. Allan