Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wax Pack Grading Turnaround times

HI guys, anyone have any experience with turnaround times for PSA Wax/Cello pack grading?

Dan
The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    my order has been in since July 28th, logged in early September. No poppage yet.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    5 weeks exactly. My GAI 9 Mint now becomes the first (at least I'm hoping) 1969 OPC Hockey Wax Pack PSA 8.
    The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
    Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.
  • Options
    Doesn't seem like PSA is being very generous with 9's. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a PSA 9 yet. Probably take a while before they "loosen" up the standards a bit and the crack outs begin.

Sound familiar..............
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    there is at least one that isn't an 86 fleer basketball packimage

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
    2 04527315 1964 PHILADELPHIA F/B CELLO PACK MERLIN OLSEN-BACK 9
    3 04527316 1967 TOPPS BASEBALL CELLO PACK 1st SERIES 7
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Duncan, congrats on the 9, should bring a pretty penny. Did you have any other packs graded?

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    John, sent you a pm , happy thanksgiving to all!!!
  • Options
    Girffins....July 28th? Seems like a loooooooong wait. How many packs did you submit??
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    packs got done about 3 weeks ago. When they were submitted it was understood that PSA wasn't really taking submissions of them yet, but did so as a courtesy.
    I have no issues with the turnaround time- every startup has a few bugs to work out. A few of the packs weren't holdered due to size issues, but that is being worked out as well. I suspect everything will be up and running smoothly in the next few months, and intend to submit a bunch of packs. The holder definitely preserves and protects the pack much better than GAI's, and I"m too much of a klutz to keep them raw. Plus there isn't anyones opinion I respect more on authenticity than Steve's.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    what year and company packs were the oversized ones?

others?

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!