Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does anyone collect autographed Perez Steele Celebration cards?

Hi Guys, Does anyone here collect autographed Perez Steele Celebration cards? I have a complete set of them unsigned but the signed ones look awesome. I really like them signed in blue sharpie. I know that PSA/DNA will encapulate them which makes them look even better and less of a risk to collect. I wonder how much PSA charges for this service and if it is worth doing for the non-Mantle, non-Williams type signed cards. Let me know if anyone has any insight on this type of collectable. nbdowney@msn.com - Thanks, Neil

Comments

• Options
    Neil,

I agree - they do look extraordinarily well. I have 2 in my HOF auto collection: Roy Campanella and Buck Leonard but I bought both of them already encapsulated so I too am at a loss to know which service to send ungraded examples in under. By rights it should be the $20 PSA/DNA grading/authentication service. But the fee schedule for services says regarding the $50 Super Express service that "all Super Sized cards such as T3's, Cabinets, etc. must be submitted under this service or higher. This includes autographed cards". I am still unclear as to whether postcard-size cards such as the Perez-Steele's or the HOF Gold Plaque postcards are regarded by PSA as "Super Sized".

Anyone else have a definitive answer?

Jonathan
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???