Home Sports Talk
Options

DA BULLS!!!

Up 29 on the HEAT at the half. They look good.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    They sure did look good tonight

They should definetly challenge in the east this year

I got Kirk H to be my point on my fantasy team this year..looks like i should be very happy with him

Dave
  • Options
    My "suprise" East conference champs.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That tread title brought back some memories. I loved the Bulls in the 80's and 90's. Yes, I will admit, I only like the Bulls because of Michael Jordan. He was the best.

Shane

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I saw my first game at the old Stadium on January 6th, 1970, beat the Lakers 105-100. Bob "ButterBean" Love, Chet the Jet Walker, Jerry Sloan, Tom Boerwinkle, Clem Haskins and Bob Weiss. Here were their salaries:

Tom Boerwinkle $35,000
    Shaler Halimon $25,000
    Clem Haskins $50,000
    Bob Kauffman $36,000
    Bob Love $34,000
    Ed Manning $23,500
    Loy Petersen $22,500
    Jerry Sloan $60,000
    Al Tucker $30,000
    Chet Walker $60,000
    Bob Weiss $33,000

Lakers Roster:

Jerry West
    Elgin Baylor
    Happy Hairston
    Mel Counts
    Dick Garrett
    Rick Roberson
    Keith Erickson
    Johnny Egan
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Willie McCarter
    Mike Lynn
    John Tresvant
    Bill Hewitt

Chamberlain never got off the bench to warm up and played a half-court game the entire time. Lakers eventually lost the NBA finals 4-3 to the Knicks.
  • Options
    Keep in mind, I hate basketball. But the power of the Eastern Conference swayed to the Bulls with the signing of Wallace! He will quickly become a fan favorite in the C!
  • Options
    Not trying to sound negative, but did the Bulls really perform that good or did the pathetic performance of Miami just make them look like superstars. Lets wait a few more games before planning the victory parade.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Miami didn't look so hot during the entire preseason. Those incredibly atrocious rings they were given prior to the game probably didn't help either.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Not trying to sound negative, but did the Bulls really perform that good or did the pathetic performance of Miami just make them look like superstars. Lets wait a few more games before planning the victory parade. >>

I agree on not planning anything. But with big bodies on the glass and you guns that can run the floor, I think bodes real well.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Bulls were outstanding plus last nite !!

Tonite they play the Orlando Magic n Orlando's home / season opener. The Magic will not be fawning over any rings and will probably provide a truer indication of the Bulls potential for this year.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Bulls were outstanding plus last nite !!

Tonite they play the Orlando Magic n Orlando's home / season opener. The Magic will not be fawning over any rings and will probably provide a truer indication of the Bulls potential for this year.

image >>

Well the score should easily be closer, but the Magic have sucked recently and shouldn't provide anything other than a second win.

LOL, although I just looked at the score and saw dem Bulls is gettin' spanked at da half... ooops
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What's that sound? It's the sound of everyone jumping off the Bulls bandwagon already...

Magic win by 15 tonight. The Orlando Magic.
  • Options

<< <i>What's that sound? It's the sound of everyone jumping off the Bulls bandwagon already...

Magic win by 15 tonight. The Orlando Magic. >>

The Magic have a great young core. They basically stole Darko from the Pistons, and with Howard already in the middle, that's a young and formidable 4-5 combo. Jameer Nelson won me over with his play as a senior at St. John's(I believe he played at this college) and they are definetly an up-and-coming team.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Boy, what a difference 4 weeks makes,

They look terrible image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    And now 2 weeks later...

Back to .500 and won 6 in a row. I bet they finish 7or 8 games over .500 and that will get them in the playoffs. Consiering how bad the Eastern conference is they may be able to win a series.

They have a lot of good young players, so they could keep up a great pace, but after knowing how badly they played after opening night until recently, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    They absolutely destroyed the Sixers last night. The Sixers are 5-12 and only 2 games out of first!!!