Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin-o-lantern

Happy Halloween! image

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA

Comments

• Options
    That is pretty cool, i usually do about 20 pumpkins for halloween each year but this year I didn't do even one because of my problems I have been having since my last back surgery. That one is pretty cool though I have to admit
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda, Happy Halloween to you too!
  • Options
    neato.

gotta keep the neighborhood kids from smashing that puppy
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Halloween Amanda.

You would have been proud----I "seeded" about 20-25 bags of Haloween candy with dateless Buffs for kids to go OOHHHHH when they get home---bet it gives a few parents a kick too.image
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Happy Halloween Amanda.

You would have been proud----I "seeded" about 20-25 bags of Haloween candy with dateless Buffs for kids to go OOHHHHH when they get home---bet it gives a few parents a kick too.image >>

Hey, cool idea! I went to BJ's and got 5 cases of whole hershey's chocolate bars to give out, went through 4 of them. The fifth case is unopened...heh...so far!

Maybe I'll do some buffs next year.
  • Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349

<< <i>Happy Halloween Amanda.

You would have been proud----I "seeded" about 20-25 bags of Haloween candy with dateless Buffs for kids to go OOHHHHH when they get home---bet it gives a few parents a kick too.image >>

Yay! I bet they have fun finding those. imageimage

Edited to add- Boba Fett, it's a digital pumpkin. image

-Amanda

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    I had fun today Amanda.
    Happy Halloween!

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    Coolio! Love your HOBO Pumpkin!!!
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"
  • Options
    yeah I always have a big bowl full of candy and a big bowl full of change and I will let the kids reach in each and get a handfull for their bags each year and tell them to look closely at their change because there is a morgan dollar somewhere in the bowl and a handful of SBA dollars. I have often wondered if any of these kids started collecting because of this but I just get the joy of seeing their face light up when I reach for the bowl of coins and tell them to reach in and get them a handfull. Of course I always have a few rolls of SBA's loose beside the bowl to show them and also to give to the real small kids that I know their little hands cant get much out of the bowl
  • Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    That's a cool idea! I bet most of them had never seen an SBA before. image

-Amanda

• Options
    I think next year I will give them a choice which bowl they want to get a handfull of and see what age groups go for the candy and which goes for the money. Of couse I will still do the same thing as I have been doing with the little ones because they are just to cute dressed up in their little outfits and I just love to see their little faces light up when they realize there is money in there that they can purchase what ever kind of candy they want and not what someone else decides to give out

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file