Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Savy eBay help please

Is there any way to search in multiple categories? I'm tired of searching for a particular item 3 times because it could be in a few different categories.

For instance, say I wanted to search for "Michael Jordan" in both Basketball cards and Baseball cards. Is there a way to do it in just one search or do you have to do two searches?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Arthur

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Art

Did you simply try Michael Jordan?

I know when i want to see mars attacks in all categories i type in mars attacks.

if i want mars attacks in psa grade i try mars attacks psa.

hope that helps.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve,

Yeah, unfortunately, that's what I've been relegated to do. The problem with that is then you get everything on eBay in 2 dozen different categories that has Michael Jordan in it. So I still have to click on the Baseball card category and then back out of it and click on the basketball category. Quite a pain in the ass. It gets even worse when you want to search 4 or 5 different caegories for an item.

Arthur
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    you could try using the - sign

ie jordan -autograph -golf -cigars image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Jordan is probably too popular too allow you to search efficiently. If you know a particular card #, then you could use "jordan 57" or the like.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Instead of searching in Baseball cards, Basketball cards, etc, just go up one level and search in all Cards.
  • Options
    Sorry guys. I guess I should've been more specific. I just used Jordan as an example. I've been searching for vintage golf/boxing cards and they're in about 3 different categories (Sports Mem, Cards, Fan Shop being just one). So yeah, I can type it into the search for All Categories but then I get clogged up with thousands of other items I'm not interested in.

I was just wondering if there was a way to pick out multiple specific categories and perform a search. Doesn't look good though.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Arthur