Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Look at this ebay auction

Look at this auction and see if it looks a little funny...

Look at his last feed back and then look at the bidders on that one and look at the bidders on this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180042916374&rd=1&rd=1

Comments

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    Mike beat me to the linkage.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Fishy, but I'm not ready to conclude anything yet...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    Looks more than a little fishy to me.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks more than a little fishy to me. >>

Care to elaborate. I seem to have missed the fishy part.
  • Options
    check out the bidders list.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    same seller sold 7 silver proof sets back in Aug got + feedback, legit auction
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    Bidder lghj32 has bid on this auction and the last one guy had, plus the only feedback the bidder has is from the seller from april and may of 2005.

I think this is a little more than fishy
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    lghj32 is the fourth name the buyer has used and still has only one feedback. hmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Bidder lghj32 has bid on this auction and the last one guy had, plus the only feedback the bidder has is from the seller from april and may of 2005.
    Check it out lghj32 is from Florida and seller is in Virginia.
    How does that work? imageimage
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • Options
    Shill bidders are most likely neighbors who borrow each others computers and use the same ip address. Now where is that go sit in the corner dumbass picture. hmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Yall might need to use that dumbass picture on me. Bidder lghj32 (how you know he’s from Fla?) has only made 2 deals in the last 7 years and they were with seller trim11 from VA almost 2 years ago and all of a sudden he comes out of nowhere to run the price up.
    Kinda strange but that doesn’t prove anything.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    dog97

well stated that it doesn't prove anything but it is fishy. geographic location doesn't disprove anything in this case either. i just thought it was odd that someone would change his name four times without ever buying anything.
  • Options

<< <i>. Now where is that go sit in the corner dumbass picture. hmmmmmmmmmmmm >>

It's reserved for me!
  • Options
    doesnt look too suspicious to me
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    <<<dog97

well stated that it doesn't prove anything but it is fishy. geographic location doesn't disprove anything in this case either. i just thought it was odd that someone would change his name four times without ever buying anything. >>>

I agree it looks strange, especially the underbidder's buying pattern. Possibly bidding or brother-in-law's of friends auction that lives in another state???
    The name change can be easily explained:

lhollandj2000 Jan-17-00 Oct-01-00 (member's name is Louise Holland Jones, johnson whatever, joned in 2000)
    louisehj Oct-01-00 Nov-18-01 (member shortened her ID a bit)
    preciousdollbabe Nov-18-01 Sep-12-04 (she developed an interest in Barbie dolls, so changed ID to match her interests)
    lghj32 Sep-12-04 Present (Burnt out on Barbie dolls so she tried to change her ID to her 3 initials. lhj was already taken so she tried her initials + her age, that didn't work so she added a "g" in her initials because she was a girl and that took)

Maybe, 'ell, I'm just guessing here.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    I can tell youI tested this, I used a different email addy and used my cousins address in Florida (my email address) and it now shows that id as living in florida but all corespondance comes to me from that id and I live in NC, so just because it says the two are in different states really mean nothing. I could start an auction then use the id from Florida and bid on my own item (considering I am the one who won the item and I dont have to ship it to my cousins address, and dont plan on bidding on enyone elses auctions where they would have to send it to their address either) andit would look like I was a legitimate bidder even though it was me doing the shill bidding all along

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file