Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

quarterly submission special

Quarterly Collectors Club Submission Special

UNUSUAL FINISHES

In late September 2006, the Mint issued a 20th Anniversary Set of gold American Eagle coins that included a new style of Proof coins that has frosted fields and brilliant devices (unlike the old Proof that has brilliant fields and frosted devices). In the next month or so, a new Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle will join the line-up, as well. So, in recognition of these coins, and some other unusual finishes that are seen in the U.S. coinage series, PCGS will accept the following coins under our Quarterly Special program from October 1, 2006 to December 31, 2006:

Any Matte Proof Copper or Gold Coin (1907-1916)
1994-P SMS Jefferson Nickel
2006-P American Eagle $1 Silver (Reverse Proof)
2006-W American Eagle $50 Gold (Reverse Proof)

Utterly useless to me since I didn't jump on these sets. Ah well.

Maybe PCGS should work out some direct-ship process with the mint so we dont have to handle "unopened boxes", or contract/offer their slabs as the official coin "holder" for new mint issues, at least they wont pop open.

Im feeling slightly resentful that they aimed this at so narrow an audience.

Comments

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Aw c'mon - everybody's got some matte proof gold laying around their junk box!image

But, for those who do, it would save a $50 grading fee! Too bad I'm just a "Have Not"!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file