Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A new joker on ebay

Nice Centering

he has about 20 cards listed using PSA on raw cards. let's see what happens when he gets reported, most likely nothing.

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I am continually amazed at the number of people out there who will commit their time and labor for a project that will earn them peanuts. There can't be one man in 100 who has more free time then I do, and even I place a $$ value on my time at something in excess of $4 an hour. But apparently not everyone sees it that way.

One thing everyone should do before getting all giddy about listing auctions is decide a) how much time am I going to sink in to listing, emailing and shipping, and b) how much $$ do I expect to make. Once 'b' has been determined then the prospective seller should ask himself how he derived the answer he came up with. If you see 25 auctions in the past month for a 1989 OPC box bottom, for example, and all these auctions have ended with a hammer price under $.25, then why in the hell would you bother to list yours?

• Options
    A new joker every day. Fake autos, fake patches, altered cards, seller and buyer scams, overstated condition, keyword spamming. No wonder trading card sales tanked on eBay last month. I guess that bodes well for slabbed cards though.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    Reported. Scumbag.

Arthur
  • Options
    I sent him a message:

"Hi, why does it say in both your title and description that the card for sale is a PSA 7 when it clearly isn't? Thanks"

His response:

"sorry i will fix that asap, i had it on turbo list, thanks"

Let's see what happens.

Arthur
  • Options

<< <i>I sent him a message:

"Hi, why does it say in both your title and description that the card for sale is a PSA 7 when it clearly isn't? Thanks"

His response:

"sorry i will fix that asap, i had it on turbo list, thanks"

Let's see what happens.

Arthur >>

No way is that a Turbo Lister error. They don't all say PSA 7. I reported all auctions 20 as well.
  • Options
    Amusingly, several of his auctions say "PSA 9.5?" in the title. image
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how everyone is reporting this keyword spamming (Report button on the auction?) but I find the best way to report this is by going to the Keyword Spam Policy page.

Scroll down to the report link at the bottom and it takes you to a page where you put the auction number, type of keyword spam and a box where you can type/paste in the keywords used.

I usually do the following.
    In the type of keyword spam drop down box I use All/some of the above.
    In the Keyword(s) used box put in PSA 7 used in title and description (Or whatever else seller is using)

This seems to have a greater sucess rate as you can tell them what is going on.

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    my favorite is this one 1966 Willie Kirkland

Players name spelled wrong in the Title and Description--CHECK
    "A great addition to early 50's collection" (so he is a decade or more off)--CHECK