Home U.S. Coin Forum

Gotta love life in a small town

DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
Sold some coins to raise funds for a 1799 large cent . Went to the bank today to deposit the check .

Told teller I would like to deposit check into XXX-XX account.

Teller looks at the check and says " I'm sorry, I don't think I can do that because of the check amount ".

I say , " Pardon me " ?

Teller looks at the check again then looks at me and says " Rare Coins of New Hampshire , Do you know these people " ?

I say " I hope so " . image

Teller looks at the check yet again and says , " What kind of people are they " ? image

I say , " You would be hard put to find a more reputable firm ".

Finnally check is deposited .
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

Comments

• ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty funny
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • so they gave you a hassle trying to deposit it lol. i could see if you were trying to cash it lol.

is the bank next to the livery stable and the blacksmith? image
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it.

I went to my bank with my wife the other day to apply for a small loan to pave my driveway. Usually I go in by myself to put stuff into the safety deposit box (so a few tellers have seen my coins and know what I put in there).

Anyhow. When my wife and I sit down, one of the tellers starts yelling across the room to my wife "so your the one who supports him with all of the coins" and proceeds to tell everyone in the bank stuff I'd rather not here in public.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small town good times
  • "Anyhow. When my wife and I sit down, one of the tellers starts yelling across the room to my wife "so your the one who supports him with all of the coins" and proceeds to tell everyone in the bank stuff I'd rather not here in public."

Wow, that is grounds for firing at the bank I used to work at. (Bank of New York, and I still have the scars to prove it!)

Looking to buy Morgans in ACG, INS, IGA, Old PCI photo, and Hannes Tulving holders.

• << <i>

Anyhow. When my wife and I sit down, one of the tellers starts yelling across the room to my wife "so your the one who supports him with all of the coins" and proceeds to tell everyone in the bank stuff I'd rather not here in public. >>

Wow. That would have made me very uncomfortable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file