Home Metal Detecting
Options

A short hunt on a local river bank.

I went down to the river and beeped around some in the woods. Did'nt find much...shotgun shells, a button, mini roundball (my first), and 4 wheats in one hole dating from 1937-1950's.
The area is overgrown badly and it was tough to move at all in most places as you can see.
I crouched and clawed my way through this mess....

...just to hunt tiny open areas like this one.

After a while my neck and back were really cramped up from all the crouching , so I went to the creek bank where I could actually stand up straight. I saw the remains of this old kettle as soon as I got down to the water. Kind of a cool wildcard find.

The bottom had 2 of it's 3 feet remaining.

Upstream from the kettle...

and down stream...

Here are most of the finds excepting the 50 or so rusty crusty iron blobs I dug.

imageimage

Sorry it wasn't a more exciting hunt, but thought I would share it.

HH

GR
Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    GR, You know you can't find it if you don't go out and look ! ! !
    I think your type of hunt can find the best things.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Great post GR!!

Ugghhh... that first picture looks like a nightmare..but there can be some really good stuff in difficult places like that!

Those are some very nice decorative finds you have there. I'd have been delighted to find a button like that! image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Great pic's and cool find's GR.

Man the only problem I would have if I went to a site like that is to either grab my pole and go fishing or grab the detector and see what I can find or try to do both at the same timeimageHH,Tom
  • Options
    GR,
    That looks quite a bit like the old CCC camp I hit a while back. Except I had to duck trees and keep an eye out for snakes. I didn't have any luck at all, but I'm glad you did.

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir Bedevere called, and said he wants his helmet back!

<< <i>image >>

This "serpent-headed swan" plate is quite interesting.

<< <i>image >>

Looks like the sort of place The Mighty Phut might haunt.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Yup, that's my kind of site.
    Nice pics, post and finds John!
  • Options
    Nice dig gold, lol I thought the kettle was a helmat too, I thought it was amazing!