Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For a big show would you rent out a room to a collector?

For a big show such as the summer ANA or the January FUN and you were local to that area would you rent out a room in your house to an out of town collector looking for a cheaper place to stay than a hotel? As long as
the person had some references I might consider the idea.

Has anyone done this or heard of anyone doing something like this? Its seems like it might be a good idea
to make a little extra money to spend at a show and help out a fellow collector.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only for a friend, and then the rent would be free. So I guess the answer is NO
  • Options
    Rooms for Blondes with double D's are usually not a problem !
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only to Frattlaw and only if he promises to bring some of his...er...clients.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rooms for Blondes with double D's are usually not a problem ! >>

Is that a new mint error?

I would let a large portion of the members here stay for free. Others couldn't rent a room with that Dime that TDN just posted. --jerry
  • Options
    What sex is the friend and is she single?
    morgannut2
  • Options
    If I considered them a friend the "rent" would be free. If I didn't, I wouldn't want them to know where I live.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If I considered them a friend the "rent" would be free. If I didn't, I wouldn't want them to know where I live. >>

Well said. That said, I doubt that any of my friends would want to sleep on a futon on the floor of the upstairs playroom or on the floor in the basement on an air mattress with with the dog.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If I considered them a friend the "rent" would be free. If I didn't, I wouldn't want them to know where I live. >>

Good answer - there is safety in (relative) anonymity.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might. The debt would be payable in half dimes only though. image
  • Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He/she could stay free. K
  • Options

<< <i>He/she could stay free. K >>

The last thing I would want is to house a he/she!
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    If anybody from out of town wanted to stay at my place they would be welcome and it wouldn't cost them a dime.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. He would know which coins to steal!!!!
    Doug
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he or she is a good cook and will do the dishes, laundry, toilets and windows, I'm sure we could make some sort of arrangements.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Maybe with the following criteria:

21-40 years old
    Blond
    Gorgious
    Nymphomaniac
    Rich owner of a liquer store

Also I will need Mrs Bear's permissionimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If anybody from out of town wanted to stay at my place they would be welcome and it wouldn't cost them a dime. >>

Yo Dog, thanks for the invite!!! Can you pick me up at the nearest Greyhound Bus depot too? I be the short, fat, bald headed, toothless homeless looking guy with a backpack on. You know, the typical coin collector looking guy. See you soon.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If anybody from out of town wanted to stay at my place they would be welcome and it wouldn't cost them a dime. >>

Yo Dog, thanks for the invite!!! Can you pick me up at the nearest Greyhound Bus depot too? I be the short, fat, bald headed, toothless homeless looking guy with a backpack on. You know, the typical coin collector looking guy. See you soon. >>

Yoy dont keep your collection in a yin cup do you? if so i think I walked over you this morning, wich you would have introduced yourself because I would have given you something different than the canadian quarter I gave you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file