Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does Roger Burdette regularly provide research and consulting assistance to authors, such as QDB?

I started to read QDB's Washington Quarters book yesterday (watch out, RYK, for a lot of modern questions coming upimage ). In the acknowledgements section, QDB writes, "Roger Burdette conducted research in the National Archives and furnished legislative, Treasury, Commission on Fine Arts, and other documents and correspondence related to the background of the design, 1930 to 1932."

Does anyone know if Burdette regularly conducts research for other authors? I think that this would be a pretty good gig and a profitable sideline. Probably no modern researcher knows the National Archives better than Burdette, and given his proximity to the sources, he probably can find answers quicker than any other researcher. Because of his specialized knowledge, I assumme that he gets paid a pretty penny for his work (and he should). Are there other numismatic researchers who do this sort of thing for authors of numismatic books?
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    I try to lend a hand with various projects QDB and others might have.

As far as the "...I assume that he gets paid a pretty penny for his work (and he should)" part, well, that would be nice. But most of it is for the personal satisfaction of solving a mystery, or "connecting the dots," or discovering the historical gold buried beneath an ancient shipwreck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file