Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

circulated Lincolns

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just in the past 10 days I've received in change: 1935-D, 1946, 1946-D. Does someone raid their dads collection or are these from the bottom of a 5 gallon Sparkletts jug?

Comments

• Options
    All from the same store?
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -46-D from Albertsons grocery store
    other two from downtown vendors
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Many, many years ago, when I was a paperboy (delivered the now gone Philadelphia Bulletin) I would collect from this one house where, if they didn't have the change around, would just start popping coins out of old coin albums (starting with the first pane = earliest dates). There is something about coin collections when in the hands of the noncollectors in families.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in a very small village, so this may not apply in a populated area. I have seen circulated wheaties increase in change from the local businesses on a few occassions.

1) Our school does a fund raiser where you send in your pennies for whatever the cause of the year is. Same thing with village hall - they did a "Drop your pennies off" campaign to get the village clock tower fixed. Whenever these events happen, it is always a good time to go to the bank and try roll searching a week or two after the campaign wraps up.

2) The credit union put in a free coinstar type machine over the summer (First one in my area), so the change jars were coming out of the closet left and right. I'm sure the influx in older change jars becoming rolled coins and making their way to businesses has something to do with the small increase.

Or maybe it was just a fluke coincidence.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    I plucked a 1919 S in VG out of a take a penny leave a penny tray
  • Options
    BigE2BigE2 Posts: 1,037
    "Sparkletts"???image
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen