Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Reverse proof as a single, ohh no!!!

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
So when will the Mint decide to offer the reverse proof, as a single?? Lots of rumors floating around, gee I hope not. image

morgans
World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone think this subject has been discussed by the Mint upper management??

morgans
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The mint released a statement that there will not be any single reverse proofs this year. There is a thread on here that states this.
  • Options
    <<The mint released a statement that there will not be any single reverse proofs this year. There is a thread on here that states this.>>

Thats what I wanted to here, didn't realize this topic was discussed. image
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    IMO, count on seeing reverse proofs regularly after year-end. The mint is focused on getting as much of our wallet-share as possible.

With an ever-increasing product line, if collectors are buying much more heavily directly from the mint, my guess it means a lot less purchasing from coin dealers.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    With an ever-increasing product line, if collectors are buying much more heavily directly from the mint, my guess it means a lot less purchasing from coin dealers.

Which means prices for the classics go down, and I can actually buy what I like.
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i><<The mint released a statement that there will not be any single reverse proofs this year. There is a thread on here that states this.>>

Thats what I wanted to here, didn't realize this topic was discussed. image >>

They will probably announce the single proof reverse from 2006 for sale on Jan 1 2007, shipping in May of 2007, given the history.
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    There is not alot of time left in 2006 for them to mint and get a coin out. They may decide to do it in 2007, but who cares.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    they're already insisted they wont do this for 2006.

who knows, they can do the same thing in 2007, set a limited mintage of 20k, and charge 6xs melt value for them.
    2006 will always be the key date, I dont think they'll ever mint less than 10k.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>With an ever-increasing product line, if collectors are buying much more heavily directly from the mint, my guess it means a lot less purchasing from coin dealers.

Which means prices for the classics go down, and I can actually buy what I like. >>

Ya know, is it really a coincidence that the coin market bubble is deflating a bit at the same time that the USMint is turning out handfuls of commems yearly, increasing the number of bullion coins (gold buffalo, reverse proof, satin finish uncs, etc)???

I think you were tongue in cheek with your post, but there may be a tiny part of it that is true.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a Reverse Proof single and/or 3-coin set next year (for the platinums' 10-year anniversary.) It's far to tempting for them considering the success of the silver and gold versions this year.
    jmho
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>they're already insisted they wont do this for 2006.

who knows, they can do the same thing in 2007, set a limited mintage of 20k, and charge 6xs melt value for them.
    2006 will always be the key date, I dont think they'll ever mint less than 10k. >>

That's what the mint said, they wouldn't do this in 2006, there is nothing saying they will not release the 2006 single reverse proof in January of 2007. They like strict word interpretation in their marketing.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>they're already insisted they wont do this for 2006.

2006 will always be the key date, I dont think they'll ever mint less than 10k. >>

That's what the mint said, they wouldn't do this in 2006, there is nothing saying they will not release the 2006 single reverse proof in January of 2007. They like strict word interpretation in their marketing. >>

If they try to pull this trick, they will amaze even me! And there will be a collector revolt of unprecedented scale!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file