Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$5 "Gold Coin" given to wife in change! She asks "Is it worth anything?"

Do you use the “Duo-Horizontal” or “Duo-45 Degree” the “Quad-Parallel” or even the “Quad 45 Degree” or the expert level “Tri-Secure” method for securing your 2X2 cardboard flips as opposed to any other method?

Also, what tool do you use to flatten the staples on the back of the 2X2’s, or do you just leave them as is?

What are the best staples to use and what is the best brand of stapler on the market today?

(I use a SAFINA No. 121 with Swingline # 79350 Standard Staples, 210 per strip, 5,000 count)

imageLet me be the first to say "Happy Halloween"

Edited: Ya'll really think I was serious about all this, well, did ya? October 31 is the time to pull pranks.
Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

Comments

• Options
    dorkbardorkbar Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    I love this board because it constantly reassures me I'm not the biggest time-wasting fool around. image

I use regular staples with the "Careful hammer" to flatten.
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do a tri-parallel. Just like your quad picture, but I don't staple the edge with the fold.

The quad 45 degree would scare me - if a staple bends the wrong way - it's headed straight for coin. image
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    I use the quad parallel and then I take the back side of a fat magic marker to flatten out the staples image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use one of those MAX flat-cinch staplers -- it is great!! I like it so much, I staple everything with it now.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    I use saflips and I'd be damned if I put staples anywhere near my coins, and there's no way in hell I'd store a coin in a 2x2 with loose cardboard flecks all over the place.
  • Options
    You forgot the quad 45-and-90-degree rotation.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the red Swingline stapler because it doesn't bind up as much.image

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I use the quad paraellel. With this handy dandy little tool I can staple stacks of 10 flips at 1 time. saves time on those huge collections.

Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I use the quad paraellel. With this handy dandy little tool I can staple stacks of 10 flips at 1 time. saves time on those huge collections.

Do those come with electrical connections, my wife will not allow me to have the compressor in the house, sez it messes the place up, that and I keep tripping over that coiled up hose.
    Chat Board Lingo

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You forgot the quad 45-and-90-degree rotation. >>

Would that pattern be for "South Paws" lefties?
    Chat Board Lingo

• Options
    jdsinvajdsinva Posts: 1,508
    I have no clue to what you are referring so I must conclude that I was tricked (& treated). . .
    Jeff

Semper ubi sub ubi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file