Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

War time Jeffersons

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay... maybe I have not been paying attention with US prices lately as evidenced by my responce in connection with 10 Indians in 63 being in the 1130 range... I had no clue that they had dropped to that level...

the PCGS price guide lists the 1942-s Jeff at $425 in 67... I understand that is retail and alittle high... but even if it is discounted 30%, it is around 285-300... that still seems alittle high but perhaps I was just not paying attentionimage any thoughts?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    It's tough to get those war nickels in MS-66 but a 67 is off the scale, hence the major price increase. I would not pay the 30% off PCGS list but there are those that will for an exceptional Jefferson. Those are some real beauties in that grade.

Just an observation.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one of those PCGS MS67 42-S and I wouldn't have it in my collection if it wasn't for the superb quality in strike, markfree surfaces and luster. Step count 5434. My best coin for that date is a ANACS MS66 6 stepper. And I have another ANACS MS67 5 stepper with light multi color toning but I personally grade it a MS65. Well, enough with the bragging............$425 sounds about right! image

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the comments... mine is in an old NGC fatty graded 67... it is quite attractive... I guess I just have not focused on these lately

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file