Home Sports Talk
Options

The Oakland Raiders

Anyone else think the Raiders sucking is bad for the NFL? I'm weird that way. Anyway the point of this post is to ask you guys who follow the game &/or the Raiders why they've gotten so awful and is there any light in sight in terms of a re-birth? That franchise was once so proud. I just noticed it when I was preparing a collection Raiders images for my company and I can't believe the players of the 70's! It's unreal how tough and scary they were!
dgf

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I was preparing a collection Raiders images for my company and I can't believe the players of the 70's! It's unreal how tough and scary they were! >>

Yeah, the team now is the "kinder more politically correct version" image

• Options

<< <i>why they've gotten so awful >>

two words, Al Davis.He's living in the past.

I'm a lifelong Raider fan, and I can say they still do "Raider things" like false starts on their biggest plays of the game, and if you've watched them at all this year they simply cannot stop the run.
    They acquire Moss and never get the ball to him.
    Still pissed they didn't try and get Drew Brees.
  • Options
    What, exactly, does Al Davis DO that causes problems? He was in command during the dynasty as well. When you say "living in the past" are there specifics?
    I'm actually curious because I have never followed them. They were always the scary AFC team when I rooted for the Steelers in the 70's. It was like, what did Oakland do? These days it's as though they are the Saints of the 70's. They're practically a joke. Can they turn it around? Is it attitude or talent? Is Art Shell a mope? Basically, football would be better if the Raiders were a smashmouth team that was 6-2 and among the top 5 in the NFL in defense and top 5 in rushing offense and 3rd down percentage and have the big takeaway %'s like they used to. I hated them, but there was no cooler football team on earth. It's sad.

dgf
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Raiders not utilizing Lamont Jordan's abilities...70 catches down to nearly none.

The offensive line is in shambles - Gallery has essentially been a bust.

Not realizing just running go routes isn't going to cut it, secondary guys are just as fast as the WRs.

• Options
    raiders rock