Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another slime Colorado Mountain sports "graded Good 2"

Title: #150051062236 - 1911 T205 Gold Border #37 EDWARD COLLINS/PIEDMONT GOOD2

q: is this card grade a good 2

A: Yes it is

q: Which company has graded it good 2
a: The owner/boss of Colo Mtn Sports has been in business for over 25 years dealing with all sports cards. He knows his cards, his players, and conditions.

ALMOST looks like a cropped slab too

Sorry had to vent

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with CMS - they have as much right to assign a grade to their cards as anyone else.

edited to add: doesn't look like a cropped slab to me - I don't see any evidence of that.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    My first post here was about how lousy CMS really is. Sure, CMS has every right to put a "grade" on their cards and I would encourage it but when the grade is significantly inflated in order to attract an unsuspecting buyer then I beg to differ. CMS charged me $4.00 shipping and then send my over graded 1975 Topps cards in a white envelope with 60 cents postage. My cards were in a team bag and not even individually sleeved. CMS gave me my money back but not the $4 worth of overproced shipping. I was out another $1.00 give or take as I had to mail his crap back to him. I wrote more about this in my eBay guide.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    I avoid all of the deadball era dealers (Pre-Bay).

Mid grade inventory built by bilking folks out of there collections while they quoted a price through a mouth full of Big Mac at
    some Holiday Inn card show 10 years ago.

High grade, graded, fluid inventory that tracks market pricing in a reasonble manner.

That leaves very few non Ebay transactions I know, but there are a FEW dealers like that out there.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mid grade inventory built by bilking folks out of there collections while they quoted a price through a mouth full of Big Mac at
    some Holiday Inn card show 10 years ago. >>

LOL, sounds like an article in VCBC a few years ago, the average dealer was described as a "pigman in a mu mu"

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I've actually had very good experiences w/ SMS - plus they stand behind what they sell.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>I've actually had very good experiences w/ SMS - plus they stand behind what they sell.

Regards,

Greg M. >>

Yep, I'll stand behind every thing I sell too. I should list 10,000 items on eBay and charge $4 nonrefundable shipping on all of them. I can ship everything as cheaply as possible then profit some $3.30 extra per transaction. When the customers want a refund I'll gladly oblige minus the shipping. 10,000 items sold, 10,000 returned and still made $33000. Any takers? That is CMS method to madness.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I bought 1 item from CMS. They gave it a 4. If I were to have it slabbed, I think PSA would agree. But by and large, their grading standards are a lot more lenient than PSA's.

Oh, and what I bought from them was not something you see everyday (1974 Venezuelan Winter League sticker of Jim Sundberg).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've actually had very good experiences w/ SMS - plus they stand behind what they sell.

Regards,

Greg M. >>

Yep, I'll stand behind every thing I sell too. I should list 10,000 items on eBay and charge $4 nonrefundable shipping on all of them. I can ship everything as cheaply as possible then profit some $3.30 extra per transaction. When the customers want a refund I'll gladly oblige minus the shipping. 10,000 items sold, 10,000 returned and still made $33000. Any takers? That is CMS method to madness. >>

Dude, let it go. You'll be much happier after you do.

Arthur
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yep, I'll stand behind every thing I sell too. I should list 10,000 items on eBay and charge $4 nonrefundable shipping on all of them. I can ship everything as cheaply as possible then profit some $3.30 extra per transaction. When the customers want a refund I'll gladly oblige minus the shipping. 10,000 items sold, 10,000 returned and still made $33000. Any takers? That is CMS method to madness. >>

Greg - I know you were half kidding when you wrote this but if you think about it that EXACT business model is being used by many "successful" eBay sellers. Your math backs up the viability of it.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yep, I'll stand behind every thing I sell too. I should list 10,000 items on eBay and charge $4 nonrefundable shipping on all of them. I can ship everything as cheaply as possible then profit some $3.30 extra per transaction. When the customers want a refund I'll gladly oblige minus the shipping. 10,000 items sold, 10,000 returned and still made $33000. Any takers? That is CMS method to madness. >>

which is the better business model? that, or having your wife bid on your own stuff?..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I was informed by PayPal last week that their current
    policy on INR and SNAD disputes/claims is:

If any refund is warranted, the entire amount of the invoiced
    payment (Item + S&H) will be refunded to the buyer.

If a prevailing claim involves SNAD, the buyer pays only for the return
    postage/DC/Ins to the seller.

Obviously, this now limits the opportunities for the guys who
    sell 99-cent items with $50.00 S&H.

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    That's good info storm.

As far as this comment...
    "which is the better business model? that, or having your wife bid on your own stuff?.. "

Why not put the qualms in that thread. We're discussing CMS here. I know I screwed up my list price and fixed it by taking the thing off the market. Believe it or not, this was actually endorsed by eBay some years ago. Never did it then, did it once now and that card will likely be my brother's for x-mas since it is "damaged goods" now. Foolish stunt maybe but at least I admit it. Not a whole lot different than a seller cancelling a bid and ending the auction early. At least this way the other venue got still got paid.

This comment...
    "Dude, let it go. You'll be much happier after you do."

I did let it go but when the same shop is accused of being crooked by another member I cannot help but rehash my story as it certainly lends credibility to the other post. We cannot forget about these crooked operations or they will simply continue to scam honest folks out of more money. Every time a person new to the hobby gets scammed he is one step closer to quickly leaving the hobby. The more collectors the better in my opinion.
  • Options
    Here is good one I pulled on myself . Listed item: starting bid 99 cents + 5.00 S/H Item cost me 2.00 Item sold for 99 cents got paid instantly
    paypal. Ebay fees 25 cents , Paypal fees 33 cents packing materials cost 1.04 Post office charges 6.32 to ship. My total cost $9.94. Money received $5.41. money lost $4.53 (almost a 6 Pack) + gasoline (post office 7 miles each way). item sold on saturday shipped monday morning, Seller then emails complaing they have not received item on thursday, item shows up friday, no thank you, nothing ,only reason I knew it was delivered was D/C label. Point I have none. just felt like sharing.

Ps: had 4 more of those items I was going to list on Ebay 99 cents + higher S/H. My friend had a bonfire party on saturday. Items burnt real well,image
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is good one I pulled on myself . Listed item: starting bid 99 cents + 5.00 S/H Item cost me 2.00 Item sold for 99 cents got paid instantly
    paypal. Ebay fees 25 cents , Paypal fees 33 cents packing materials cost 1.04 Post office charges 6.32 to ship. My total cost $9.94. Money received $5.41. money lost $4.53 (almost a 6 Pack) + gasoline (post office 7 miles each way). item sold on saturday shipped monday morning, Seller then emails complaing they have not received item on thursday, item shows up friday, no thank you, nothing ,only reason I knew it was delivered was D/C label. Point I have none. just felt like sharing.

Ps: had 4 more of those items I was going to list on Ebay 99 cents + higher S/H. My friend had a bonfire party on saturday. Items burnt real well,image >>

Mike, I think it is safe to say that we have ALL been there and done that...........image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i for one have never had a problem with colorado mountain and i have purchased from them multiple times. great point pandrews. lol
  • Options
    Im going through this same scam right now with a seller BeefMaster (i guess the name shoud have been my first clue). Sent a 1969 topps raw common that was trimmed. I said i want to return it and of course shipping is not included in the rufund. the shipping was 4 dollars and included all the goodies including 1 plain white envelope, 1 piece of card board, one penny sleave which the card was hanging out of, and of course a big chunk of packing tape that luckily came of of the card that it was stuck to pretty easily. Im pissed.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    " ....of course shipping is not included in the rufund. "

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you paid via PayPal, you can recover the entire invoice
    total, but you will have to pay for the return postage fees
    yourself. Be sure to use DC.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Bought one card from them it came back trimmed i would personally reccommend that everyone avoid them. When i notified them the card i bought from them was trimmed they were very very rude.
  • Options

<< <i><< Yep, I'll stand behind every thing I sell too. I should list 10,000 items on eBay and charge $4 nonrefundable shipping on all of them. I can ship everything as cheaply as possible then profit some $3.30 extra per transaction. When the customers want a refund I'll gladly oblige minus the shipping. 10,000 items sold, 10,000 returned and still made $33000. Any takers? That is CMS method to madness. >> >>

Any thought given to the amount of time it would take to scan, list and pack 10,000 cards/orders
    Not to mention the record keeping, answering emails, the cost of materials, etc

At 3 minutes per card/order -- thats close to 3 months