Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Grading Update- T206 Back Designations Available

PSA Grading Update
T206 Back Designations Available
After receiving a great deal of feedback from collectors and dealers, PSA has decided to make a labeling modification to all T206 baseball cards submitted from this day forward.

PSA will now designate the backs for all T206’s submitted for grading. For example, the top line on the PSA label may read:

T206 Sweet Caporal or T206 Polar Bear

There are several back variations on this issue.

From November 1st through the end of the year (2006), PSA will offer a re-holder/re-labeling special for T206’s for only $3 per card.

We hope this new labeling feature is enjoyed by collectors and dealers alike.

Please keep in mind that the PSA Population Report will be undergoing changes with respect to newly-labeled T206’s versus T206’s graded prior to the new labeling approach. Until previously graded T206’s are received for re-label, they will remain in the PSA Population Report without the specific back designation.

Please contact customer service if you have any questions.

Carol

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, Carol. This is long overdue, and very welcome by the collecting community.

We all hope that this will provide additional data and detail into understand the relative rarities of various advertising back designations of the T-206 issue.

Thank you,
    Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Excellent...image
  • Options
    Lets add a good T206 special to get this going as well!

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Maybe now someone out there will find a reason to collect this overproduced, unattractive and inexpensive set.

I guess there are some variation hunters out there, so hopefully they'll create some sort of a market for this set.

Not for me, though.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe now someone out there will find a reason to collect this overproduced, unattractive and inexpensive set.

I guess there are some variation hunters out there, so hopefully they'll create some sort of a market for this set.

Not for me, though. >>

Is this sarcasm? image

I also second the vote to see factory numbers listed on the flip. The tobacco companies are very nice, and put PSA on par with other graders, but the factory is another useful level of the variation.

Doug
  • Options
    That's awesome! Kudos to the innovative team at PSA!

What will they think of next?

oops, now how'd that get there?
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    good idea..
  • Options

<< <i>good idea.. >>

For some strange reason I can picture a slew of mechanical errors comin'..........
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!

Don't mind Southerncards. PSA could create world peace and solve the hunger crisis and he would still criticize it.
  • Options
    haha, I wondered when someone was finally going to notice!

Now as far as world peace and hunger - I've already heard here that Joe Orlando's tears can cure cancer so can world peace and the end of hunger be far behind?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>haha, I wondered when someone was finally going to notice!

Now as far as world peace and hunger - I've already heard here that Joe Orlando's tears can cure cancer so can world peace and the end of hunger be far behind?
    >>

So SGC did it first. So what! PSA was grading cards before SGC. So what again. We should welcome improvements in our hobby no matter what the circumstances.
  • Options
    I agree Steve, well said. Just trying to bring some humor to the board.