Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1st Strike 20th Anniv Reverese Proof PCGS PR69

Linky

I am still learning how to take good pictures, the reverse looks much better in hand.

Any comments or suggestions on my auction skills would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jim, try bouncing light off the coin, instead of direct light. The pics don't look bad though, could be a little larger. There are plenty of plastic buyers, so don't worry bout selling it.

morgans
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    You know you can host pics, instead of having to pay Feebay for additioanl pics. I use photobucket, it's free. What do u use for photo software? Crop out the obverse, reverse, and include the entire holder. Some buyers still want that enlarged pic.

photobucketlink
  • Options
    I'll bid that auction up in a couple of days.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad at all. The cynic in me tells me that the slab will sell the coin no matter what the photo looks like. image
  • Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭
    Great, thanks for the link, I will try that this weekend.

And when you say "bouncing light off the coin" is that shining the light on something white and it reflects onto the coin?

Thanks again.

Jim

• Options
    <<Great, thanks for the link, I will try that this weekend.>>

I use a white photo cube, like a nylon material. I actually shine the light through the material, so it sort of difuses the light. You can also bounce the light off of white paper. Good luck,
    Morgans
  • Options
    I'll post a pic of the 06 rev proof, using the photo cube. Give me a couple of minutes

morgans
  • Options
    I just bid. The last one I know if went for 320.00. You should do well with it. Generally speaking, the more bids the better an item does.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options

<< <i>I just bid. The last one I know if went for 320.00. You should do well with it. Generally speaking, the more bids the better an item does. >>

Thanks, that Gold Buffalo is what started me on coins.

I bought 2 proofs and had 1 graded with the quarterly special, it received a PR70, and I was hooked.

• Options
    I have collected modern coins for about seven years, but I did not sell them until recently. I began to realize that If I am paying double on ebay from what it cost from the mint, why not order two and sell one? The trick is to know which ones people will want. The gold buffalo is one example. The San Francisco gold is probably another. However, I don't have much hope for the Jamestown commerative next year. The 20th ANN. silver eagles would not have been on my radar but for this forum.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    IT'S NOW AT $127.50 -- "claychaser the cheapskate" started you off at $30 to get the bids rolling!

Maybe I'll send a couple of reverse proof singles in for first strike - PCGS is accepting the reverse proof single coins for First Strike through 11/9 per my call today.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Thanks Claychaser,

and thanks for biding on the others too.

Jim